ClamAV 0.102.0

CB needed a few tweaks (aka: clamav now dependent on curl)
I've sorted those out and bumped the version to 0.102.1.

John

On our CentOs 7 servers we get this message:

checking for libcurl installation... configure: error: libcurl not found. libcurl (e.g. libcurl-devel) is required in order to build freshclam and clamsubmit.

When I do yum list libcurl*, I get:

Installed Packages
libcurl.x86_64 7.29.0-54.el7 @base
libcurl-devel.x86_64 7.29.0-54.el7 @base
Available Packages
libcurl.i686 7.29.0-54.el7 base
libcurl-devel.i686 7.29.0-54.el7 base

Update:

After doing: 'whereis libcurl' I changed the configure.clamav file from '--with-libcurl=/usr/local' to ' --with-libcurl=/usr'

After that I got this message:
checking for libcurl installation... /usr
checking for gawk... (cached) gawk
checking for curl-config... /usr/bin/curl-config
configure: error: Your libcurl (e.g. libcurl-devel) is too old. Installing ClamAV with clamonacc requires libcurl 7.45 or higher. For a quick fix, run ./configure again with --disable-clamonacc if you do not wish to use on-access scanning features. For more information on ClamAV's on-access scanner, please read our documentation: https://www.clamav.net/documents/on-access-scanning#on-access-scanning

Then I added '--disable-clamonacc' to the configure.clamav file, after this clamav updated

We are also getting the following error on cloudlinux7:

checking for libcurl installation... configure: error: libcurl not found. libcurl (e.g. libcurl-devel) is required in order to build freshclam and clamsubmit.

It would be great if this could be fixed in custombuild.

Weird, no issues here on CentOS 7;

Code:
/usr/local/bin/clamscan -V

ClamAV 0.102.1/25641/Fri Nov 22 11:06:48 2019

With:

Code:
./build version

2.0.0 (rev: 2278)

We are also getting the following error on cloudlinux7:

It would be great if this could be fixed in custombuild.
Please try:
Code:
cd /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild
./build set curl yes
./build curl

Since a current version of curl is now required with ClamAV, maybe add a check for curl=yes when executing ./build clamav ? And if curl=no, don't proceed but instead show a warning?

On FreeBSD 11 I get this:

Code:
/usr/bin/ld: warning: libssl.so.9, needed by ../libclamav/.libs/libclamav.so, may conflict with libssl.so.8
/usr/bin/ld: warning: libcrypto.so.9, needed by ../libclamav/.libs/libclamav.so, may conflict with libcrypto.so.8
../libclamav/.libs/libclamav.so: undefined reference to `libiconv'
../libclamav/.libs/libclamav.so: undefined reference to `libiconv_close'
../libclamav/.libs/libclamav.so: undefined reference to `libiconv_open'
clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make[2]: stopped in /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/clamav-0.102.1/clamscan
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make[1]: stopped in /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/clamav-0.102.1
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make: stopped in /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/clamav-0.102.1

I have both curl and iconv compiled through the build script successfully.

Update:

After doing: 'whereis libcurl' I changed the configure.clamav file from '--with-libcurl=/usr/local' to ' --with-libcurl=/usr'

After that I got this message:
checking for libcurl installation... /usr
checking for gawk... (cached) gawk
checking for curl-config... /usr/bin/curl-config
configure: error: Your libcurl (e.g. libcurl-devel) is too old. Installing ClamAV with clamonacc requires libcurl 7.45 or higher. For a quick fix, run ./configure again with --disable-clamonacc if you do not wish to use on-access scanning features. For more information on ClamAV's on-access scanner, please read our documentation: https://www.clamav.net/documents/on-access-scanning#on-access-scanning

Then I added '--disable-clamonacc' to the configure.clamav file, after this clamav updated

I was getting the "too old" message as well.
It seems the install script finds and uses curl of the os (yum) instead of the one of DirectAdmin.
Don't know how, but I have a custom configure.clamv which didn't had --with-libcurl=/usr/local included.
Adding this resolved the "too old" issue.

Was working on a ticket yesterday, and debugged it down to adding LDFLAGS=-liconv to the make line. Oddly it had not effect on the configure line (perhaps it needed something else), but for whatever reason, calling it at the same time as make allowed it to power through.

John

I'm getting the same issue as mmgenius on my new CentOS 7 VM, trying to install ClamAV 0.102.1

I already have curl so I didn't try installing it with custombuild.

I've gone ahead and installed ClamAV without on-access scanning.

Back