Small font with some DNS records (mostly spf)

David Victor

Verified User
Dear members of the forum,

In the past your posts have helped me out on several occasions; in fact I found that most of my questions had already been answered here.

However I have not yet found an answer to one of my perhaps more trivial questions: why do some of the DNS records (mostly the SPf records) sometimes get displayed in a very tiny font?
At first I thought this just got triggered when a record exceeded a certain length but after exploring multiple records on multiple accounts on multiple servers it appears to be much more random to me.

Is there anybody who can expllain this to me?

Kind regards,

David

That's default. I don't know why this is also so small with SPF records. It annoys me too as I also don't have the best eyes around.
It would be very nice if this could be changed to the default (bigger) font.

I have also received client request for font-size increase option.

Hello,

While I don't have an answer on how to increase the font-size, I can give my thoughts on why it is so. Short SPF records have a normal font-size, and as soon the string goes longer than N-chars font-size get smaller. I don't have information on what values is N here. But that's what I've learned on my own.

Hi,

May you provide screenshots with where small fonts are visible? Also what kind of web browser are you using, is the latest version of DirectAdmin used? I've tried generating long SPF records both via User and Admin level and all they do is jump to the next line without affecting font size.

Hi,

May you provide screenshots with where small fonts are visible? Also what kind of web browser are you using, is the latest version of DirectAdmin used? I've tried generating long SPF records both via User and Admin level and all they do is jump to the next line without affecting font size.

Hi Winisend. You're right, a screenhot would come in handy. I haven't posted any screenshots before yet so I hope one of the below links will work:

https://ibb.co/q0vYcbD

@zEitEr You are right, that's probably important to note as well: indeed I'm talking about the enhanced skin.

Hi,

I've also checked the DA version for the example I provided:
Version: DirectAdmin v.1.59.0
And I'm viewing it on Firefox:
70.0 (64-bit)

I'm running PopOS (ubuntu) and it really appears to be quite random. It was brought to my attention by one of our customers who told me he thought it could have something to do with the spf record either being valid or non-valid but I checked and that doesn't seem to be the case. It's a mystery to me. :)

Thank you for looking into it everyone!

There are a few options that can be toggled to change the data entry font sizing and display. Go to Setup > Options > Data Entry tab. If the first box on the left is checked, un-check it to make the data entry font larger. This option reads When possible, make data entry screen text smaller to minimize or eliminate scrolling.

There is also an option to magnify data entry. This option will enlarge the specific entry box when you type, allowing you to better view your entries.

There are a few options that can be toggled to change the data entry font sizing and display. Go to Setup > Options > Data Entry tab. If the first box on the left is checked, un-check it to make the data entry font larger. This option reads When possible, make data entry screen text smaller to minimize or eliminate scrolling.

There is also an option to magnify data entry. This option will enlarge the specific entry box when you type, allowing you to better view your entries.
I'm afraid I too have absolutely no idea what you are talking about Mishal... Are you sure you're not talking about a whole different panel? ;)

What panel are you talking about? Directadmin and enhanced skin makes this "bug" specially with custom created zones

Back