Auto SSL lets emcrypt for new account

IXPLANET

Verified User
Hi .. anyone know how to automatic setup lets encrypt ssl for every new created account.

so if any user created new account and lets encrypt automatic enable and issue ssl

thanks

I think he's used to the autossl option from cPanel, where Let's Encrypt certificates are also automatically for new domains.

How much chances you have for a newly added domain to pass a domain validation?
Pretty much because normally you register them with the registrar direct after putting them on the server or right before.
And autossl on cPanel runs on a nightly cronjob which checks if a domains has a certificat and if not, requests it automatically.
Older article so they already have SNI now if I'm not mistaken
https://blog.cpanel.com/autossl/

Nice feature. Makes life easier for admins and users. Since every thing nowadays really needs SSL this works nicely.

He can better make a feature request for this. ;)

I agree with what Richard said. I know that cPanel automatically does this and it is one feature that really sets them above Directadmin at this moment in time. Most people use the Chrome browser these days and without an automatic SSL certificate for each website, it automatically looks suspicious and would scare most casual users away. I want to set up a new hosting service like Wix or Weebly on my own servers but can't do so without the autoSSL feature like cPanel has. I love Directadmin and have used them as my servers for more than a decade but now that SSL is standard on all websites it's time for Directadmin to also make this a standard feature. I can set up what I want on cPanel to get this done but I sure don't want to have to move to cPanel to do it. Most casual users don't care about the benefits of a more expensive paid certificate - they just want one that works without having to know anything techie about how to create it.

Last edited:
Odd that nobody created a request yet for this. So I created a feature request.

If you would like such feature, upvote here:

Back