SSL control panel logins

Hello,

The permission can be whatever you want as long as the cert/keys for directadmin are readable by "diradmin" and the apache cert/key are readable by "root".

John

DirectAdmin Support said:
Hello,

The permission can be whatever you want as long as the cert/keys for directadmin are readable by "diradmin" and the apache cert/key are readable by "root".

John

Ok, that makes sense. Thank you.

Couldn't DA be setup so that ssl access goes through the main server domain? If a user can access there cp via the main server domain, why couldn't ssl be added for this? This is how I did it in capnel.

delete the index files in /var/www/html and insert your own index there... the hostname and the system IP should open that page (which can be a login form, or a redirect to da)

Chris

I know this thread is old, but this pertains I think...

Is their a way to get the self signed cert generated with the process on the 2nd post of this thread to last longer then 1 month? For some reason it only shows for 1 month. The HTTP ones it creates are for 1 year??

You should be able to set the default number of days in the openssl configuration file.
I think its: /etc/ssl/openssl.cnf

Thanks, that's not the exact location for CentOS, but that's what I needed to find the file. So thanks.

Looks like the default_days = 365, but the default_crl_days = 30

I'm guessing this is what's making it only last 30 days...

Thanks again. If that doesn't work, I'll let you know.

Back