Skin design being developed - comments please

Do you like this design

• Yes

Votes: 13 59.1%
  • No

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • it needs more work, although i do like it :)

Votes: 4 18.2%

• Total voters
SH-Lloyd said:
Well I posted it needs more work (The second voter for that option).
I just feel that right now it looks too much like a game site. I do not particularly like the thatch over the blue but I love the arrows and color combinations. I also do not like the small text. That is my opinion so feel free to disagree with me. Just letting you know why I voted the way I did.
Also I do not think removing the thatch over the blue will make it look better. I think something needs to be there, just don't ask me what :p

Hiya Lloyd (not you again :p )

What game sites have look like that then (Dont use many game sites) :p

The Small text could possibly be chnaged or maybe 2 different releases available as its an easy(ish) chnage at this point

The thatch affect on the blue.... not sure what else could go there. It looks silly without anything there as i obviously noticed in the making, i could put the transparency down on it so it was still visible but didnt show as clear as it does now. Will have to think about that one :)

Thanks for giving the suggestions though, id rather know what changes and extras people want :)

Chris

Don't get me wrong I think the majority of what you have done is great and the only grumbles are essentially personal preference. Keep it up dude!

What is really needed for "Skins"

What is really needed here is for a "skins" choice in the admin section. Then a default set of skins could be included with DA. Something like what it looks like now then something new wave and all slick looking.

Then those of us with the ability could develop our own skin to match our company's look. Those of you who wanted to could develop and offer skins for free or for sale to the DA community or offer to make custom skins to match our company's look. I would certainly be willing to pay for this If I could not do it myself, or did not have the time.

If this kind of feature can be implemented in free forums and other types of software it should be able to be incorporated in DA.

Since I am not anything close to being a programmer I don't know how DA works and even if this is feasible but I would sure like it as a feature along with the billing feature I just read about in another thread.

I just found DA today and it looks very good to me. I was just getting ready to purchase an Ensim license and now I have to rethink the decision quickly.

If billing and the skins feature were available now I would have to say yes to DA and later to Ensim.

Wish wish, hint hint
Robert
NCW-Online
AVC Hosting

:D :rolleyes: ;)

im almost certain you can have more than 1 skin on the serverl, then resellers have the ability to make all users have a particular skin, or just 1 user.

Chris

** who voted no!! **

As far as I know you can upload as many skins as you like and then allow them to be set in the admin control panel. I think you can set them when you make a package but i know you can set them by clicking on modify user :)

I think it needs more work. You know you're talking about $20. Well in your order form I think you should use PayPal and send us of using a premade link or the GET method in your form, not POST. This would allow for us to delete the 2 -- $0.

Just my suggestion
Max

Back