Skin design being developed - comments please

Do you like this design

• Yes

Votes: 13 59.1%
  • No

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • it needs more work, although i do like it :)

Votes: 4 18.2%

• Total voters

ProWebUK

Verified User
So far, only got round to doing a header, although you can most probably imagine what the style of the main part will be.

Please leave your comments here and also vote in the poll :)

The more comments the quicker it gets done and is available :)

Also, if it was not free, how much would you be willing to pay

(im not expecting exact amounts and i know that you will want to see it completed before you considered even purchasing it.)

Note, it will most likely be released as dontation-ware as the more skins that DA can get at the moment the better DA will get promoted so... :)

Regards
Chris

Attachments

• directadmindesign2.png
    directadmindesign2.png
    18.4 KB · Views: 898
Hi Scott,

At the moment i dont want to give dates out due to people being upset when i go a bit over the given date so will leave it under the status "in development" ;)

Heres a version that i think is almost done feel free to add more opinions / comments / suggestions even constructive critism is accepted also :)

Regards
Chris

Attachments

• directadmindesign3.png
    directadmindesign3.png
    23.9 KB · Views: 662
Hey Chris,

>At the moment i dont want to give dates out due to people being upset when i go a bit over the given date so will leave it under the status "in development"

Do what I do and add 12 months to the date, I normally get it done by then. Try it, the system works ;) lol

It's looking nice, can't see anything to improve to be honest. Hope you're not going to do the cpanel skin thing and plaster ya hosting company at the bottom lol :D

Scott,
ProWebSpace.com

ProWebSpace said:
Do what I do and add 12 months to the date, I normally get it done by then. Try it, the system works ;) lol

ok will have it ready in 12 months ;)

ProWebSpace said:
Hope you're not going to do the cpanel skin thing and plaster ya hosting company at the bottom lol :D

Im thinking of releasing it at say, $20 which will include the main title, the slogan, the extra | links | can | go | here (at the bottom, just above the copyright) and the copyright all customised to anything that you wish.

If that was done there would be no link to us at all.

If it was released free i would prefer it if a link was given to us due which is pretty much self explanatory :)

Also, once i have made a skin public released that people have had no problems with (or all problems fixed) i will be moving onto custom skins so hosting companys can have their DA with the same design as their websites design. A price has yet to be decided for custom skins :)

##
[Question_for_Mark_or_John]

How many skins will be packaged with DA??? Would it be possible to have this one packaged up with the others if it gets completed and still gets the same opinions as it is now? (i would obviously donate it free in that case with no branding just not customised...unless you wanted it customised to directadmin of course :D )

##

Chris

Last edited:
Whoever voted it needs more work own up NOW!! :p

on a more serious note, if you think it needs more work, your suggestions will be accepted, oh and i dont bite :p

Chris :cool:

ProWebSpace,

i dont bite becase im nice as you all know :D

###################

so come on! who voted that it needs work and didnt even post a suggestion!!

if you want the skin to be made better we will need your suggestions also ;)

Chris

think they might have :(

just noticed the 2 sites in your sig by the way ;) is the search engine submission yours?

Chris

ProWebUK said:
[Question_for_Mark_or_John]

How many skins will be packaged with DA??? Would it be possible to have this one packaged up with the others if it gets completed and still gets the same opinions as it is now? (i would obviously donate it free in that case with no branding just not customised...unless you wanted it customised to directadmin of course :D )[/B]

We'll look into adding skins to our default install... right now, there really arn't any that are completed, but when there are, we'll see. :)

John

Cheers John,

I wasnt expecting you to agree on anything 100% at the moment, once its 100% you can decide for yourself until then i guess it all depends on how it turns out :)

Chris

I would say that if the skin receives good reviews by us and our customers, then it is something we would include with DA. You would get credit directly on your skin (put a link to your site at the bottom), and your company will be listed on our skins/partners page when the new site design is complete.

Mark

Well I posted it needs more work (The second voter for that option).
I just feel that right now it looks too much like a game site. I do not particularly like the thatch over the blue but I love the arrows and color combinations. I also do not like the small text. That is my opinion so feel free to disagree with me. Just letting you know why I voted the way I did.
Also I do not think removing the thatch over the blue will make it look better. I think something needs to be there, just don't ask me what :p

Back