Cpanel Conversion?

bluewave

Verified User
Hi there I was wondering if the wonderful DirectAdmin team were planning on creating a cPanel conversion tool within DA? I know there is a hack out there but so far I haven’t been able to get it to work. Also I prefer using stable and built in features.

Stuart

I like the idea of this as I think it's a big hurdle for users transferring from one control panel for another BUT I can see a whole host of problems integrating this into DA - For starters I don't think cPanel would like it and there are a number of things that they could do to only allow their backups to be used by cpanel accounts.

Also what if cpanel changes the way it backs up? Who keeps track of it - it's almost every time there is a cpanel release they'd need to be a DA release so the backups matched.

It's alot of testing and keeping track and the DA staff seem pretty busy anyway - this would probably slow down other features being developed.

I'd more like to see a 3rd party plugin released where updates were supported by a subscription.

I usually find paying for something extra like this means theres more chance of getting a good product!

<hope>
Actually the Installatron guys are continuously keeping an eye on both DA and Cpanel - maybe if one of them reads this thread they would consider developing the tool further to a fully supported plugin???
</hope>

Rob

The CPanel script (which certainly worked a while ago) is a crene of the Installatron guys?

Back