Hard Drive Move from one to another ?

servertweak

Verified User
Having some hard drive problems and need to move accounts over fast from old Hard drive to new Hard Drive.

via ssh , how can i do so

please advise ASAP

thank you

Hello,

Copy the following files:
http://www.directadmin.com/paths.html

Make sure to use the "p" flag with cp to copy permissions.

Be careful not to toast your /etc/passwd,shadow,group,master.passwd etc.. ;)

If you made any permission errors while copying, use:
Code:
cd /usr/local/directadmin/scripts
./set_permissions.sh all
John

Same issue

I had to do a quick hdd change and although I did copy over with the p flag, many of my users sites are getting a 403 error (don't have permission to view) I ran the permissions script but didn't work. Can you please tell me what the permissions should be?

Thanks

The scritp does not modify the public_html directories although a small change in the script would do it for you.

The default for the public_html directory is chmod 750 and chown username:apache

Can you still login to the server as root? Either through ssh or physically?

That was a bad idea to copy all the files on that page directly over, or at least in the manner you apparently have ;)

jmstacey said:
Can you still login to the server as root? Either through ssh or physically?

I still login to the server as root through ssh.

That was a bad idea to copy all the files on that page directly over, or at least in the manner you apparently have ;)

What is the other solution to put the users's datas to directadmin when data are on the second hard drive ? And now what is the solution for directadmin running ? Reinstall directadmin ?

Thanks. Bye.

There are alot of variables that go into sayting what can and can't simply be copied over.
If you copied everything on that list that would include /usr/local/directadmin

For example, Is your new server running the same Operating System as your old one?
Is DirectAdmin running?
If not, have you tried starting it?
If it is running can you access the login page?

jmstacey said:
For example, Is your new server running the same Operating System as your old one?
Is DirectAdmin running?
If not, have you tried starting it?
If it is running can you access the login page? [/B]

Yes, it's the same Operating System. Directadmin running, all service running. But i don't access to login page or to the homepage of apache. My server ping, but the hostname are not resolved.

Thanks. Bye.

So what happens when you try accessing the login page of DirectAdmin using the server's Ip address?
Not found
Blank page etc.

Are the IP addresses of your old and new server the same?

If you restart DirectAdmin so that it might have a change to rebind to port 2222 do you get any error messages or suspicious looking things.
You could always perform a manual update of directadmin and the license and see if that helps.

You new server doesn't have a firewall that could be blocking these ports either?

jmstacey said:
Are the IP addresses of your old and new server the same?

If you restart DirectAdmin so that it might have a change to rebind to port 2222 do you get any error messages or suspicious looking things.
You could always perform a manual update of directadmin and the license and see if that helps.

You new server doesn't have a firewall that could be blocking these ports either?

It's the same server so the IP adresse of my new and old server are the same. I had got a problem in my hard drive and i reinstall fedora and directadmin (directadmin is reinstalled by directadmin's support), and i'am copying the old hard drive's files to the new hard drive. And now, it's not running. I will go to do a manuel update of DA.

Thanks. Bye.

jmstacey said:
[/B]

Don't run. And I haven't got a firewall on the new server.

Thanks. Bye.

No answer on your IP so I'm presuming you're having the server rebuilt.

If you have any questions when the server is back online please repost to the thread.

Jeff

After a reboot, I can't connect to shell. I think the reinstall of fedora is needed.

Bye.

Back