domain with special chars

Lem0nHead

Verified User
hello

i need to add a domain with special chars (like "abçdão.com.br"), since the domain registrar is allowing it

it uses IDNA

it was correctly converted on directadmin listing... but the nameserver seens to be wrong
it shows "ab?d?o.com.br" on /etc/namedb/
also, i tried changing to the correct name and even adding the correct name on DNS Configuration, but it doesn't work
how should I do with DirectAdmin?

thanks

Without a real domain name to work with it's impossible to see if this is a DNS or apache problem.

Jeff

jlasman said:
Without a real domain name to work with it's impossible to see if this is a DNS or apache problem.

Jeff
I hope this is real domain.
and in my country now can register domain with Greek characters.
(real live domain).
So i hope the problem is only to config the dns so can with with domains who contain other languages

I'm presuming you're referring to "abçdão.com.br", and so this is the domain I tried.

When I try that domain in my fully compliant firefox browser, I get the error that xn--abdo-ioaw.com.br
could not be found.

Based on that error I draw the conclusion that compliant browsers recode the special characters as shown in the error message, but I don't have time to do research, so for now it's only my conclusion.

If the conclusion is correct than you have to set up the domain in your DA account as:

xn--abdo-ioaw.com.br

But I'm not sure because the br registry doesn't return anything on a whois request for either that or for abçdão.com.br.

Jeff

Back