[RELEASE] loopX Skin

to chnage the image, just replace header.jpg with your own header :)

/images/header.jpg

i have attatched the default so you know its the correct one also.

Once you have made your own or edited that one just upload the skin once again and overwrite the previous skin.

There may also be a way to just replace the current uploaded one although im not sure where it is... and have no DA to check :(

Chris

Attachments

• header.jpg
    header.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 441
ProWebUK said:
to chnage the image, just replace header.jpg with your own header :)

/images/header.jpg

i have attatched the default so you know its the correct one also.
Good job, Chris. Would you consider creating one for us that doesn't have the words "controlpanel" on it, so we can create our own type and not have to worry about exactly matching yours?

Thanks for the consideration.

Jeff

here it is without the text :)

Chris

Attachments

• header.jpg
    header.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 445
humm error

This is what i get when trying to install:

-----------------------------------

Error Installing Skin

Details
Error untarring the archive:

------------------------------------------

Any idea's?

Thanks
JBuckle

try downloading and uploading a new copy... it looks like the file has been corrupted somehow :)

Chris

This weekend I will rebuild the skin, and I promise I'll release .99 :). Sorry for the long wait - things are just a bit crazy for me lately.

no problem its the same for me crazy crazy :( so i have like no time to finish up my site :( *cough i do but dont feel like it lol cough* ;)

I've skipped the .99 Beta release altogether and jumped straight to 1.0 Full Release. There are a number of critical updates in this release and I suggest EVERYONE upgrading.

This release is compatible with the latest version of DA (1.16) and supports all new tokens.

.95 Beta users, please upgrade as soon as possible :). Thanks!

loopforever said:
I've skipped the .99 Beta release altogether and jumped straight to 1.0 Full Release.
May I presume that "1.0" means it's considered ready for use with clients?

What about feature creep?

Personally I don't consider it ready for use until there's complete instructions for clients.

I'd like to use it when we go live with clients, but to do so I'll have to have a complete instruction weboste (which I'm willing to do myself).

So I'm ready to put it on our fully-licensed "reference" system, which I keep on a static IP# at my home to play with and learn from.

Two quick questions:

1) does 1.0 look substantially the same as your .jpg screenshots?

2) do I have your permission to put your .jpg screenshots on a page on my site to advertise our DirectAdmin panels?

Thanks.

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

1.0 looks nearly identical to .95, but many of the bugs that would have made me want to keep it as beta have been resolved by me using a different method of applying the skin. This new method will allow me to release faster, cleaner upgrades whenever a DA release warrants it.

As for the screenshots, feel free, however, they're really low res, so you might want to take your own, and use that.

Another thing to note, is that although this is a full release, the "Quick Help" links are not active yet, because the site-helper.com website is of little use because they use the standard theme, and I use...my own :p.

Here is a screenshot of my "altered" version of LoopX.
loopxscreenshot.jpg

loopforever said:
Another thing to note, is that although this is a full release, the "Quick Help" links are not active yet, because the site-helper.com website is of little use because they use the standard theme, and I use...my own :p.
You could always make a LoopX version of the sitehelper site :) Althought it would take a long time im sure it would look great.

Last edited:
Also, I am having problems getting DA to set that skin to certain users, I can set it to my own users fine but I cant set it to any users other than my own not even myself. Every time I do it always reverts back to "Default". Any feedback on this matter :confused:

Back