[RELEASE] loopX Skin

Gadget said:
Also, I am having problems getting DA to set that skin to certain users, I can set it to my own users fine but I cant set it to any users other than my own not even myself. Every time I do it always reverts back to "Default". Any feedback on this matter :confused:
Sounds like ground for an "Apply to server" admin option :)

Gadget said:
Here is a screenshot of my "altered" version of LoopX.
loopxscreenshot.jpg
Looks nice; are you willing to do the logo for others who aren't handy with graphics programs?
You could always make a LoopX version of the sitehelper site :) Althought it would take a long time im sure it would look great.
I'm thinking about it, since I really like the skin and I can't see using the skin without a help site.

Jeff

jlasman said:
Looks nice; are you willing to do the logo for others who aren't handy with graphics programs?

As for doing that, I guess i could. I might charge maybe a $2.00 fee, i might not lol. Just depends on how quick they want it. If anyone would like custom logo for the skin they can email me at [email protected]. Other than that, thanks for your uplifting comments :)

I'm thinking about it, since I really like the skin and I can't see using the skin without a help site.

If you decide to do this let me suggest nice maybe javascripted popup windows with no addressbar, buttonbar, menubar, or statusbar and a close link :) i have the javascript to do it if you need it:).

Last edited:
If someone/group of people is willing to create a help site, I think it would really assist in the promotion of the loopX skin, and DA software altogether.

If someone is really going to do this, let me know, and I will package it with the skin and give you credit.

Thanks!

Okay...

Here's what I'm thinking...

Obviously this will take time, and I have to consider the value of my time.

No, I'm not asking for money.

But if I were to do it and yet others would also benefit from it...

then what I'd like would be an input of HELP from others :) .

For example...

I'm an idea man. And an analysis man. I can write a userguide, and I can do "straight" html coding. But I'm not a java guy, I'm not a flash guy, and I'm not a graphics guy.

Anybody interested in offering some help?

If so, I'll set up a "helpers" mailing list immediately and we can get started on the help site. And I'll set up the skin, and our help system, on my testbed system (I keep a copy of DirectAdmin running from a static IP# at my home, just for testing purposes) so we can all see it and test it as it fleshes out.

I'm ready with some ideas I've already sketched out... so we could get started on this soon.

Let me know :) . Either by posting here or by an email to the address in my sig, or both.

Thanks.

Jeff

Last edited:
I would offer to assist in the creation of the documentation, but to be honest, I really have my hands full just maintaining the skin.

I'm more than happy, however, to help you guys out with any questions you many have concerning how things work with the skin, in comparision to the default skin and such.

Just e-mail/PM/reply here if you need anything :).

Thanks, Matt. That's more than enough from you; you've already done plenty :) .

I'm suggesting emailing me because my email address in my sig, which is at the bottom of every post, and most of us don't list our email address, which means there's lots of clicks to go through.

I understand that once I've got your email address (this goes for everyone, not just you, Matt) that you'll feel a certain commitment, but frankly, that's exactly what I'm looking for :) .

I'm sure that you, Matt, know firsthand, how tough it can be to commit to something to help an entire community, and since I'm making that commitment as well, I'd like to see at least a few others make the same commitment.

So let's get started :) .

(Yes, I know, I smile a lot; that's because I like to think positive!)

I do promise that any email addresses I get will be held in strict confidence and used only for correspondence about the documentation project and for signup to the documentation project mailing list, and that anyone will be able to unsubscribe from the mailing list at any time without even getting me involved. Once the mailing list is officially set up I'll repost with a link to the signup page.

Jeff

Just to get you guys off on the right foot, I've thought of this...

Speak to Mark about getting a tarred up copy of site-helper.com, or recursively download it and its images. If you'd like, I can do this for you.

Assign one or two people the task of taking new screenshots, and overwriting the old ones.

Assign three or four people the task of going through a sub-section of the site-helper.com Admin/Reseller/User pages and confirm that the text matches the updated screenshots.

If you do it this way, you can probably get the whole site-helper.com site recreated in about 2 or 3 days.

Just a suggestion for when people begin to sign up :)...

Edit: WOW, this thread has gotten over 100 page views today, and is also the most viewed thread on the entire forum! Thanks for your support everyone!

Last edited:
loopforever said:
Speak to Mark about getting a tarred up copy of site-helper.com

I've already gotten permission from Mark to use the site as a basis for a customized one; I'll bring this thread to his attention in a moment so he knows where we are on this and can check in.
or recursively download it and its images. If you'd like, I can do this for you.
Would be appreciated; let's wait until Mark chimes in and says we can do it. Since I'm now working almost exclusively on Linux, I'll need a copy with the text in linux line-endings, but that's easy enough for me to do here.
Assign one or two people the task of taking new screenshots, and overwriting the old ones.

Assign three or four people the task of going through a sub-section of the site-helper.com Admin/Reseller/User pages and confirm that the text matches the updated screenshots.
Okay folks, let's get signed up :) .

If you do it this way, you can probably get the whole site-helper.com site recreated in about 2 or 3 days.
As you know, Matt, those 2 or 3 days can end up taking a lot longer ;) . However I hope we start soon; I'd like to see it done by the end of the month; at least the first iteration.

I already have two iterations in mind. The first one, which will be an almost copy of the current site, but with the changes necessitated by the new graphics, and the second one, in which each DirectAdmin page will have it's own hot-linkable help page (the way Plesk does it).
Edit: WOW, this thread has gotten over 100 page views today, and is also the most viewed thread on the entire forum! Thanks for your support everyone!
At least four or five were me; I also looked during a quick visit to the office (to bring a fan over; it's easier to find parking on a Sunday :) ). But that still leave 95 from others. WOW from me, too!

Jeff

As far as java scripting I can help if you would need it, i have a several scripting resources (books, site memberships, etc.) and would love to help. Contact me if you would like my input @ [email protected]

As license owners, you are more than welcome to take anything you want from the current site-helper.com page and turn it into your own customized guide.

I'm already a bit behind on maintaining it, as we are putting out so many minor updates. It will be difficult to maintain over the next 6-8 months, as the features will just be pouring in. You'd have to watch http://www.directadmin.com/versions.php very carefully. :)

Jeff wrote:

>in which each DirectAdmin page will have it's own hot-linkable
>help page (the way Plesk does it).

Our current default / power user skins take you right to the appropriate site-helper page when you click on the help link. Or are we thinking of different things?

Thanks,

Mark

DirectAdmin Sales said:
As license owners, you are more than welcome to take anything you want from the current site-helper.com page and turn it into your own customized guide.
That's what I'd thought, John, but it's nice to see it in print in the thread :) .
I'm already a bit behind on maintaining it, as we are putting out so many minor updates. It will be difficult to maintain over the next 6-8 months, as the features will just be pouring in. You'd have to watch http://www.directadmin.com/versions.php very carefully. :)
We will :) .
Our current default / power user skins take you right to the appropriate site-helper page when you click on the help link. Or are we thinking of different things?
Very similar, John. What Plesk does is opens up a tiny window with just the help information for that page.

Of course once our pages are done and maintained, you'll be welcome to them as well :)

Jeff

I can help with graphics and html if needed seeing my new site is almost done.

LoopX for admins

Do youhappen to know why whenever I set this skin to myself as an admin, it never stays? I always go back to the default skin:\

loopforever said:
loopX now supports DA v1.162, please upgrade to enable admin log rotating features.

Try "Apply To All Users" and then "Apply to Me" - if that doesn't work, something must be wrong with your computer :p...

a cool thing to add to your css sheet...

to make the screen size truely 100%, simple add this to the top of the CSS style sheet...

body{
border: 0px;
margin: 0px;
}

hope this helps someone!

:)

casslin - thanks for sharing this, I will add it in the next release :).

I've always wondered how to fix that tiny spacing issue on the right side... :)

Or simply add to the body:
<body leftmargin="0" rightmargin="0" topmargin="0" bottommargin="0" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0">
That will also work if you aren't using CSS. I would reccomend using both methods for best compatibility in all browsers. Marginwidth & marginheight are needed for browsers like Opera :)

Back