[RELEASE] loopX Skin

loopforever

Verified User
Skin: loopX
Version: 1.01 Full Release
Download (current): http://www.infinityservers.com/directadmin/skins/loopX.tar.gz

Supports DirectAdmin 1.162: http://www.directadmin.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=221

Skin is sopen source (somewhat-open source ;)): It may be freely modified for personal/business use. But may not be redistributed in any form without my permission.

Known Issues:

- File manager does to recognize the header image after navigating through a few folders. [RESOLVED]
- Some files are not passed a |domain| token and cause the skin to show "none" in place of the domain on certain pages. [PARTIALLY RESOLVED]
- "Quick Help" links are not active on User Panel

Installation:

1) Download the skin to your personal computer
2) In your reseller account, go to the skin management feature
3) Browse for the loopX.tar.gz file on your computer, and give the skin the name "loopX"
4) Click Upload to upload and install the skin

Enjoy!

(Screenshots can be found below...)

Last edited:
loopforever said:
Skin: loopX
Version: .95 Beta
Download (current): http://www.infinityservers.com/directadmin/skins/loopX.tar.gz

Skin is open source, but may not be redistributed without my permission.
If you're controlling redistribution, then it's really not open source, as the term actually happens to be a trademark. See: http://www.opensource.org/docs/definition_plain.php
1) Download the skin to your personal computer
2) In your reseller account, go to the skin management feature
3) Browse for the loopX.tar.gz file on your computer, and give the skin the name "loopX"
4) Click Upload to upload and install the skin
Does it only work on the reseller level, or will it work on the admin level as well?

Jeff

The skin works on all levels Admin through User. :)

The definition of open source in this instance, is: free to make modifications to, but not free to distribute without my permission. Anyone who doesn't like it, doesn't have to use my skin. Simple enough.

That's fine with me, loopforever.

I pointed out the definition because at least some of the people who see your skin and who see that you call it open source will be tempted to do whatever they want with it.

And if you've called it open source you may have a problem enforcing any reserved rights, since "open source" is a trademark for a license offering certain specific rights which you're reserving.

For me, I have no problem with it, and will certainly consider your skin.

In fact, let me be one of the first to say...

Thanks for your work!

Jeff

You're very welcome, loopforever....

As you may have noticed from the "tone" of my message, I'm very "open source" supportive. I built what may have been the first webhosting company in the U.S. (definitely one of the first ten) back in '94, using the first Slackware distribution of Linux, kernel version 0.9.

But I also believe in other forms of distribution, including the BSD license (similar to open source except that people who use stuff licensed with a BSD license are not required to make derivative works open source as well).

I also own (though no longer keep up to date or even use anymore) a BSDI commercial unix license; we ran a small ISP on it a few years ago.

Jeff

installed your skins they look great thanks for the new skin and keep up the good work

theres a prob with the change skins for users.

Last edited:
Gogeta found a bug where you can't apply the skin to a single user (Apply to All Users works fine, however). We'll have that fixed in v1.1 (couple days max).

Mark

ok sorry i didnt explain it and nice skin btw :)

Last edited:
Wonderful Skin!
Can't wait for the final release.

Thanks for the skin -Jason :D

Oh ya BTW um i think you need to add a thing that shows your support requests?!?

i'll try to look for bugs :-/ :D

Last edited:
This skin will be updated shortly. Version .99 Beta is nearly done. LOTS of fixes in this update - and I suggest everyone using the skin upgrades when it's released.

Back