2 Users Errors

existenz

Verified User
The first error I have experienced is that DirectAdmin does not seem to be removing users properly. After deleting a site and recreating it I was not able to use the same username untill I manually removed the user.

Second this is a error I am get when I try to creat ANY user in just this account...

Error creating the database

Details

Unable to add user username_table_name. The host or user argument to GRANT is too long

Though you might want to check that out...

Hello,

I can't seem to duplicate the User deletion error on my end. What's being left behind? the whole user, or just the group? DA runs:
Code:
/usr/sbin/pw userdel -n username
to delete accounts.. test this out manually to see if it's leaving anything behind on your system (or I'd need to look myself).

The mysql error is because a database username can't be more than 16 characters long so the whole "username_databaseuser" can't be more than 16 characters, including the username and the underscore.

John

Tried playing with that again today and aparently it was just 2 accounts we tried. I made and deleted accounts with no problem. I removed the accounts and everything wored.

Thanks for the info on the I forgot to include the sites username_ in the number of characters. Thanks!!

Back