3 or more DNS servers/ and skip dns creating

iprodua

Verified User
1)Is there any way to config 3 or more DNS? (until dns1 and dns2)
2) some accounts do not need dns. How can i skip dns creating in bind for some account setups?

You cant skip bind its required to identify domains on the server.

1)Is there any way to config 3 or more DNS? (until dns1 and dns2)
Please explain in more detail what you mean.
2) some accounts do not need dns. How can i skip dns creating in bind for some account setups?
You don't have to use the DNS zones on your server for anything, but as user scsi writes, you cannot remove BIND from your DirectAdmin system; DirectAdmin needs the files used by BIND to keep track of the domains on the server. If none of your hosted domains use DNS on your server you can of course shut down BIND so it doesn't run.

Jeff

I think for question 1 he wants to setup 3 nameservers for his domains. Im not sure how I never done that before.

Yes, I had in view of installation of 3 and more dns servers. DA allows to set only 2, and u have manually correct dns records.

Also it would be still good, if there was a possibility to specify, use local DNS or not, differently many domains litter a folder /var/named

Yes, I had in view of installation of 3 and more dns servers. DA allows to set only 2, and u have manually correct dns records.
You can copy the proper template to the custom template directory and modify it to add another nameserver.
Also it would be still good, if there was a possibility to specify, use local DNS or not, differently many domains litter a folder /var/named
You still need those files, DirectAdmin uses them to determine if a domain is or isn't hosted on the server.

Jeff

Back