5 IPs

lesmak

Verified User
Hello,

I did not buy DirectAdmin yet, so sorry if the questions are lame.

1.) I will probably have 5 IPs on my server, will I be able to create users using DirectAdmin so that for example 10 users will have one IP, other 10 next IP and so on ?
2.) Can I do upgrades for the rest of the life if I buy full lisence for one server?
3.) How long does it take to install DirectAdmin for support team after I send them e-mail asking to do so on FreeBSD 4.9?
4.) Are there any limits of users with lifetime license?
5.) I will probably buy DSL ( only avaliable in my area ), anyone know how to configure 5 IPs on one box? Any How-Tos? Thx

Please answer my questions.
Thank You

Lesmak

1. Yes, when you create a new user you choose which ip address he is assigned to

2. As I understand, it is a life time. Check the sales/billing forum for more information, this question has been asked there

3. No experience but less that 3 days I would assume

4. No limits, only how much your server can handle :)

5. You set up your server with the initial ip address and once it is working and directadmin is installed you add more ips through the control panel. The freebsd handbook has pretty good instructions for configuring the the /etc/rc.conf file manually but the sysinstall program in freebsd is easier. the command to start it is /stand/sysinstall and its found on the network page in post configurations. You select your network device to setup and fill in the information like ip address router dns etc.

Hope that helps a little.

Hi again,

At a bare minimum your server must have one IP address. However, for DNS control you will need at least two (2) IP addresses. With only one IP address you will be forced to use an external DNS service -- this means web sites you create through the control panel will not propagate automatically.

For now I have only one static IP, but my second dns is on afraid.org [ free dns service ]

My question is: will my domains work with this panel?

oh and also, do I have to be a 'company' to buy lifetime license?

thx

Your domains will work but you'll have to manage them through a different dns service provider.

You don't have to be a company to buy a life-time licsence, I wasn't a company when I first bought it so I assume anyone who has the money :D

OK, now I am just waiting for the replay from sales@directadmin ...lets see how long i will wait :)

Back