535 Incorrect authentication data

giees

Verified User
At first I am sorry for my english.

My mail via roundcube works fine, but I could not configure app in phone (tried myMail and Aqua Mail). When I tried add account I've got this error:
"Serwer poczty przychodzącej (IMAP): Nieprawidłowy certyfikat bezpieczeństwa (SSL). java.security.cert.CertPathValidatorException: Trust anchor for certification path not found..
Serwer poczty wychodzącej (SMTP): Błąd połączenia. Handshake failed."

/var/log/exim/rejectlog:
2020-04-22 17:07:36 login authenticator failed for ([xxx.xx.xxx.xx]) [xxx.xx.xxx.x]: 535 Incorrect authentication data (set_id=info)

Well, the app is not sending the correct login data it seems. I've had the same odd issue several years ago with Thunderbird, very strange.

It also says something about a invalid certificate, but mostly the rejectlog is always telling the real truth.

However, you can always double check. Try an email client on your pc, use exactly the same credentials etc. as you setup in your app and see if it's working. I'm sure it will be working. But this way your 200% sure.

Is the authentication data in the rejectlog the same for MyMail and Aquamail?
If yes, you might also try the default mail app of Android if you have an Android phone.

I tried with Thunderbird on PC, and I can't login. SSL is probably a problem (Look at attached screenshot from Aquamail. In kei.pl I have registered my domain). I didn't mention that I moved from VPS to my own server, and now I use Let's Encrypt (on VPS it was Comodo PositiveSSL).

Maybe I wrong set up Let's Encrypt, but my site, Direct Admin and roundcube works well under SSL.

Today I also tried to log in a couple times, but /var/log/exim/rejectlog don't show that.

Yesterday I pasted this...
2020-04-22 17:07:36 login authenticator failed for ([xxx.xx.xxx.xx]) [xxx.xx.xxx.x]: 535 Incorrect authentication data (set_id=info)

... but it looks like it's not me :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200423-081300_AquaMail.jpg
    Screenshot_20200423-081300_AquaMail.jpg
    343.8 KB · Views: 10
... but it looks like it's not me :)
Ah that is good to know. I was already wondering about because a lot of users are using aquamail without issues.

Your SSL report looks very good, it's an A and green. So I don't know.

I hope Aquamail does support TLS 1.2 but maybe somebody else can help you further with this. I'm not all to good with SSL.

Hello

I have the same problem with the "Domain pointers" function I don't know if I should check the alias or not ?

Mz

Back