Admin backup system error

Djunity

Verified User
Hi All,

We see the following error message comming up during nightly backupsv this happens on more then one server on certan user accounts anyone have an idea what it could be ?

Error packing user.admin.user.tar.gz backup file: / bin / tar: non_readable_files: Can not stat: No such file or directory
/ bin / tar: Exiting with failure status due to previous errors

I have the same problem, only with some accounts on the server most of them are ok.

My error:
Error Compressing the backup file (return code 512): user.admin.user.tar.gz: /bin/tar: non_readable_files: Cannot stat: No such file or directory
/bin/tar: Exiting with failure status due to previous errors

While I'm not 100% sure, I believe that first the tarball is created, then it is zipped. I'm not sure, but the error makes since if this is correct, and would indicate that the tarball didn't exist after the sysem thoght it was created. Why? Possibly not enough disk space in /home?

Is this happening for yur largest users only? Or for all users, or for users at random?

It's been my experience that to be sure of getting your backups you need twice as much space free in /home as in your largest user's home directory.

Jeff

in my case it was the same user account's every night they are small accounts largest one is about 1Gb diskspace and got 50Gb + on freespace on /home.

You might need to setup a backup task of the user account under the question and run dataskq in debug mode manually. That might give some more information.

Hi Alex,

Saidly it doesn't runned dataskq d200 doesn't give me more info the error is occurring during compressing.

Can the following option be a good option or do you think this doesnt solve the issue nearly masking the issue

extra_backup_option=--ignore-failed-read

ok with
extra_backup_option=--ignore-failed-read
in your directadmin.conf the backup procces will have no error.

My best guess is that it has something to to with temp web files or cache files

ok with in your directadmin.conf the backup procces will have no error.

My best guess is that it has something to to with temp web files or cache files

Does this just masks the error? isn't there a way to locate the actual problem?
I have 250 small users on a system and only 2 accounts are experiencing this error.

We have had issue's with some accounts before and the cause in that case also was with temp or cache files.

So in my opinion correct me if im wrong but like you say 248 accounts dont have any problem only 2 accounts have so i wont be worried and just use the solution i mentioned

Back