Admin Backup/Transfer Error: An error has occurred - You do not own any IPs

BlueSquares

I'm trying to setup Admin backups and I'm getting the error below. I definitely have an IP and everything is working ok regarding websites, etc. Any tips? I'm running the latest everything with nginx/apache.

G8ZqOv31dL.png

Edit..also, the IP Manager area is empty...

LNbACA3Jl5.png

Nevermind. Here's the fix.

I added the IP to the Admin view by simply typing in the server public IP inside...

/usr/local/directadmin/data/admin/ip.list

Then I created a file at /usr/local/directadmin/data/admin/X.X.X.X where X.X.X.X represents the public IP. i.e. If your server IP is 192.0.24.53 then the file would be called /usr/local/directadmin/data/admin/192.0.24.53

I can get into the Admin Backups area now.

The IP list is empty that's why you got the error. Why not just add the IP through GUI? It's the button 'Add New IP' you just screenshot here.

But if you need to add IP manually for other reasons (eg. for scripting) read this: https://help.directadmin.com/item.php?id=417

Then, remember to run this: ./build rewrite_confs after you changed the IP manually by modifying the file to generate host configuration file. I posted the information here about this (not documented in DA):

Last edited:
The IP list is empty that's why you got the error. Why not just add the IP through GUI? It's the button 'Add New IP' you just screenshot here.
That was actually the first thing I tried but failed to mention it in my initial post. When I added the IP via the GUI, the entire DirectAdmin portal went white and I could not log in or refresh the page. Luckily, the websites continued to work. I had to reboot the server to get it working again and when it came up after reboot, the IP was no longer in the GUI. That's when I created this thread.

And thanks for the links and helpful thread!

Question: I only have 1 IP on the server with no resellers and multiple websites I own. Would that be a Server, Owned or Shared IP address? I can't find definitive use cases for each role.

Question: I only have 1 IP on the server with no resellers and multiple websites I own. Would that be a Server, Owned or Shared IP address? I can't find definitive use cases for each role.

This might help: https://www.directadmin.com/technotes.php

I quote some here:

"There are four main status levels: server, owned, shared and free. Server means its the server's main IP, owned means its assigned to one User only, shared means that many Users can use the same IP and free means its available to be set to shared or owned"

Back