Advices after installed Directadmin?

Tommyhara

Verified User
Hello

I would like to hear all advices (which I should configure, install, edit settings..etc) after installed Directadmin

What should I check to make hosting secure, run faster, and protecting from attacks?

I installed dkim exim to send and receive email on my web hosting. what to do next?

Thanks in advance!

I don't know how much is it "better" for you. Your "better" might bring my server down, my "better" might become your nightmare. So it much depends. And you've already have configs which will work almost on all modern servers. If you need fine-tunning you should understand bottle-necks of your server and clean purposes of using a server. I don't know what PHP/PERL applications you going to run. I have no idea what you will do with MySQL, and what storage-engine you are going to use. And you're probably the only one among us who know how much CPU, RAM and what disks your server has. And even if you post here all of your server specifications, it won't help us much to help you with fine-tunning. So here you are kindly advised that you spent as mush time as possible and read all the information you will find about server optimization and do it yourself or hire somebody or a company to do it for you.

I use mysqltuner, percona, server-status, munin/zabbix (a bulk of self-written scripts) for a server health-checking and to see how good the services are running. You can start with them as well.

Hi,

Its actually pretty difficult to tell what configuration will make your server faster. To optimize the server, there are various aspects on the server that has to be taken, what applications are installed, how are they serving, etc.

For security, there are some standard measures like having firewall installed, ModSecurity configured, etc., but for making it faster analysis is the only way to do it.

Back