After updating DirectAdmin language error.

tomwin

Verified User
Hi, after I updated my Directadmin I have an error in my custom build. It say
Cannot load lang request
Language file has zero entries
All software is up to date but still I have a 1 messages in custom build that I need to update something.

Attachments

• 37791779-30C3-4F0C-975C-58A27683B071.jpeg
    37791779-30C3-4F0C-975C-58A27683B071.jpeg
    723.4 KB · Views: 76
Me too. For older theme (enhaced) it's fine :p

EDIT: After add my language to Evolution skin (no english) it's working fine... or it's because of restart directadmin service? I don't know which from those helped ;D

Last edited:
could it be because this Dir is empty?

Code:
cd /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/custombuild/lang

should it be?

is yours? someone check old servers?

Lang is English

there is not a file at
/usr/local/directadmin/data/lang/en/LC_MESSAGES/internal.po
nor a dir at
/usr/local/directadmin/data/lang/en/LC_MESSAGES
nor at
/usr/local/directadmin/data/lang/en/
only
/usr/local/directadmin/data/lang/

with one file called internal.pot

diradmin diradmin 4096 Jun 2 06:02 ..
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 115688 Jun 2 03:35 internal.pot
looks like it owned by root??

/usr/bin/msgfmt present

./directadmin o
Compiled on 'CentOS 7.0 64-Bit'
Compile time: Jun 1 2020 at 17:53:07
Timestamp: '1591055574'
Compiled with IPv6
Static binary: yes
gettext support: yes
gettext path: /usr/local/directadmin/data/lang

So my question is since English is built into DA shouldn't all the file be included already? Since this is Alpha maybe it is the plugin since there are no files in the
could it be because this Dir is empty?

Code:
cd /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/custombuild/lang

Last edited:
Still.... if not present the old way should still work according the to the feature info.
The old data/skin/evolution/lang/en/internal/*.txt formats are still valid (for now)

I've made this change so that the error no longer pops up:

Pre-release binaries going up now. Will be pushing 1.61.2 with all changes in about 50 minutes.
If anyone has a moment to confirm it (I already have, but best to know for sure), let us know that it's working prior to the full release.

Sorry for the confusion!
John

I'd like to note it was just a popup with error text on no english translation found :) It does not affect any functionality of plugin or DirectAdmin.

If I understand smtalk's answer correctly it's a popup because no English translation was found.
I presume it's because the tool searchers for translations and if selected but not present, gives error.
Since English is build in, no files present, so no files found, so error popup.
This would explain that they also needed to fix the popup. Seems a logical explanation to me.

If I understand smtalk's answer correctly it's a popup because no English translation was found.
I presume it's because the tool searchers for translations and if selected but not present, gives error.
This would explain that they also needed to fix the popup. Seems a logical explanation to me.
oh, I didn't get all of that from what he said.. thanks makes sense.

Yes, exactly! :)

Back