After upgrade Direct Admin missing functions on File manager

tomwin

Verified User
Hi, I really like the old version it was easy to select all files I wanted to compres to a .zip file. But after the the latest upgrade version I can’t select all files at once and compres them to a .zip file.
Can’t find select all files at once?
please look at my picture.

Attachments

• 03E40C93-5DD3-4CD0-82F7-584AA5A2DA5A.jpeg
    03E40C93-5DD3-4CD0-82F7-584AA5A2DA5A.jpeg
    653.7 KB · Views: 73
Did you try doing it in similar way as in your OS? Just use shift, or ctrl, to select multiple files. Ctrl+shift combination is also possible.

i see the point for checkboxes though, as it might confuse the customers otherwise.

Did you try doing it in similar way as in your OS? Just use shift, or ctrl, to select multiple files. Ctrl+shift combination is also possible.
Most of the time I’m using an iPad pro, this option above is not working. Maybe people thinking, why am I using an iPad. Easy to bring with me when I’m travelling.
i see the point for checkboxes though, as it might confuse the customers otherwise.
Please point me out, where is this point for checkboxes? Can’t find it.

The only settings I have in my file manager is this options on the added pictures here. No option for check boxes. No options to add check boxes.

Attachments

• 982D9BA2-EB9B-477B-8F6F-95EA499EF17F.jpeg
    982D9BA2-EB9B-477B-8F6F-95EA499EF17F.jpeg
    241.6 KB · Views: 59
  • B6858245-4ADE-4CB2-B410-A3E0DE6F720F.jpeg
    B6858245-4ADE-4CB2-B410-A3E0DE6F720F.jpeg
    311.1 KB · Views: 58
The only option I have is to compress one map and download it.

Attachments

• B376BD4C-D166-4956-9C64-B9457F23CD6B.jpeg
    B376BD4C-D166-4956-9C64-B9457F23CD6B.jpeg
    83.6 KB · Views: 63
This is what happens when a competitor change their pricing model........ customers are in uproar, move to another competitor, see that it's nothing like what they are used to, the competitor's dev's try to compensate to make the GUI look like what the customers want..... then the system becomes bloatware........

Think I've nailed it, yeah?

<shakes fist at competitor>

Ok relax, nagging doesn't help. I have checked it on my Ipad for you and I can still archive a single file if need be. Just press and hold on file in question (on PC it's right mouse btn). Menu will be shown and on it "Add to archives".

Then I can't help you. You can try older or default skin maybe.

Ok relax, nagging doesn't help. I have checked it on my Ipad for you and I can still archive a single file if need be. Just press and hold on file in question (on PC it's right mouse btn). Menu will be shown and on it "Add to archives".
You say I should archive one file and then compress it. And then I need to add next file to the archive and compress that one to. Let say I have 100 files I need to compress, that will be a lot archive and compressed .zip files to download. I can’t archive several files at the time now. Only one file at the time. Very complicated way to do an back up now. So you think I’m nagging?

Now I see. I thought you wanted to do just that. So if I understand you, you do not wish to compress entire folder or entire file. Just specific files in one folder. On PC that is no problem, but I can imagine how that creates a problem on iPad. I recommend you to use older version of skin or default (old) skin for now. Maybe even report this "bug" to DirectAdmin support as this is primarily community powered forum.

I only have one skin in my Direct admin theme. Can’t change that to an older version.

Most of the time I’m using an iPad pro, this option above is not working. Maybe people thinking, why am I using an iPad. Easy to bring with me when I’m travelling.

Please point me out, where is this point for checkboxes? Can’t find it.
I meant: I see the point (reason) for them. And we'll get them there for you as soon as possible (probably today).

This is what happens when a competitor change their pricing model........
I'm not really sure why the development should be totally stopped if some competition change their pricing model? :)

Regarding the GUI - I'd like to note Evolution theme was released in 2018. There is a chance I'm missing something, but I'm not aware of any competition changing their pricing at that time.

Regarding the GUI - I'd like to note Evolution theme was released in 2018. There is a chance I'm missing something, but I'm not aware of any competition changing their pricing at that time.
What I meant to say is that JBMC have slowly buckled when the competition changed their pricing.......... Evo wasn't like cPanel back then.....

Besides, I refuse to use Evo as admin and for my own accounts...... Sadly, https://www.directadmin.com/features.php?id=2825 doesn't seem to work with other skins? Seems like it's "Use Evo, or GT*O".

Just my opinion though.

slowly buckled
Buckled to what improving their software. That is what better software does it attracts more people. DA benefited greatly from the debacle and so did we. The software has further to go as well. Life and times change technology doesn't standstill. DirectAdmin was standing still but now they are trying to seize the opportunity and improve.
Seems like it's "Use Evo
It is the New standard supported theme. I would not expect them to develop on enhanced. It kind of like people should be off of PHP5.x
Evo wasn't like cPanel
it's not cpanel now.

IMHO as well.

Ok, if everything is guided towards Evo these days, why still supply and support Enhanced, etc? Surely, if they still give options of multiple skins (not 3rd party), then every feature should work with every skin, right?

Back