Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 56-60

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • 61 or Older

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

quackweb

Verified User
I've always been curious to see how old everyone here is and to see if I'm the youngest =). So just click your age bracket above and add a comment if you want.

I'm 18, college student at University of Denver.

Last edited:
LOL - Hey Toph looks like people are a bit shy - they're either too young or too old <no flame intended> ;)

Well I'm mid thirties, I still tell people I'm nearly 30 - I just don't mention I'm the other side of it ;)

Spend my hours each day running SBWS (see signature) doing website design, SEO, webhosting and email marketing systems now :)

(and being a dad)

Rob

Last edited:
Well at least some are clicking the poll. Thanks for responding Rob!

As for me I'm a full time student at CU Denver studying a double major, Business Marketing and Administration. When I'm not at school I'm working on my own business which has blossomed very nicely. Our datacenter is out in Chicago so I am usually flying back and forth every few weekends, good frequent flyer miles! Some people doubt me capabilities of running a company because I’m 18 but I’m very mature for my age and know more about computers than most adults. Plus I have “partners” (employees but I consider them partners because they have been with me through thick and thin) that are a little older and are specialized in a certain area of expertise for the business. It’s not a small operation, and no it was not handed down to me on a silver platter from mother or father. Growing up I was in lower middle class, with 3 other siblings, you had to get a job if you wanted money in my family.

During the summer I also work part-time at a local amusement park even, though I really don't need to, it's just nice to get away from computers for a few months.

Currently I am working on a little project that will help web hosts fight back fraud as it is a growing concern. AVS and cc 3 digit codes aren't enough anymore, people will still do chargebacks and cause major network problems (outgoing DoS attacks are the worst!). This project is designed to stop fraud before it happens. If anyone is interested let me know (PM me) I know I can't do this project by myself (time is a necessity I lack).

This is just my example of what I wanted to know about everyone else here. Where they came from, where they are, and where they are going. Of course it doesn't need to be terribly long, I just like to type :D

Back