all email being blocked

Ramsy

Verified User
After installing Spamblocker3 and following all instructions all my email got blocked by sorbs. If i check the IP in the database sometimes it's in there, sometimes it's not.
Whenever i remove the SORBS entries in exim.conf the message gets marked as SPAM.
Since i've chosen to delete all spam msges, the mail simply doesnt get delivered.
I've reinstalled Exim, reverted back to the original exim.conf / exim.pl, reinstalled SA.
Still the same problem. It won't accept any mail except from the domains listed in /etc/virtual/whitelist_domains.

As soon as i remove the SORBS entry, in either spamblocker3 or 2 config all mail originating from domains not entered in whitelist_domains get flagged as spam.

Any idea's?

2007-01-06 12:48:55 H=smtp3.hushmail.com [65.39.178.135] F=<[email protected]> rejected RCPT <[email protected]>: Email blocked by SORBS - to unblock see http://www.example.com/
2007-01-06 12:48:55 H=smtp3.hushmail.com [65.39.178.135] incomplete transaction (RSET) from <[email protected]>

Linux zion.crystalcore.nl 2.6.16-Joanna #3 Sat May 20 23:01:13 CEST 2006 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
CentOS release 4.4 (Final)
Exim 4.65
Spamassasin 3.1.7

Last edited:
Ramsy said:
After installing Spamblocker3 and following all instructions all my email got blocked by sorbs.
I don't understand. All your incoming email or all your outgoing email?

For the purpose of this discussion I'm going to presume all your outgoing email because for me (and for the rest of us as far as I know, since no one has complained) all incoming email isn't being blocked.
If i check the IP in the database sometimes it's in there, sometimes it's not.
When it's there you can find out why. That would be a good first step.
Whenever i remove the SORBS entries in exim.conf the message gets marked as SPAM.
Again, you don't say incoming or outgoing email. I don't see how it could be outgoing email, unless everyone is reading a blocklist that has your IP# in it. Everyone is a lot of mailserver, so I don't think that's what you mean.

Do you mean incoming email? You don't say where or how it's marked as spam, so I'm not sure if I'm understanding you correctly.

But there's nothing at all anywhere in any version of exim.conf that's ever been distributed with DA that can mark anything as spam.

Perhaps this could happen for incoming email if you use both SpamBlocker and SpamAssassin, and if your installation of SpamAssassin uses SORBS. Then either SpamBlocker (which runs before SpamAssassin) refuses the email, or SpamAssassin checks against SORBS and marks it as spam, depending on whether or not you're running SpamBlocker. But this answer is an oversimplification because I'm not sure what you mean.
Since i've chosen to delete all spam msges, the mail simply doesnt get delivered.
Sounds like you've got a misconfigured SpamAssassin.
I've reinstalled Exim, reverted back to the original exim.conf / exim.pl, reinstalled SA.
Still the same problem. It won't accept any mail except from the domains listed in /etc/virtual/whitelist_domains.
Though i believe you, that doesn't make sense. If you've reverted back to the same version of exim.pl and exim.conf, then you're not using anything new.

What do you get when you run exim -Bh?
(you can google for how to run it. It should give you some idea of what's going on.

Or you can check /var/log/exim/mainlog or /var/log/exim/rejectlog to see specific log entries.
As soon as i remove the SORBS entry, in either spamblocker3 or 2 config all mail originating from domains not entered in whitelist_domains get flagged as spam.

Any idea's?
I've given you my take on that problem above.
2007-01-06 12:48:55 H=smtp3.hushmail.com [65.39.178.135] F=<[email protected]> rejected RCPT <[email protected]>: Email blocked by SORBS - to unblock see http://www.example.com/
2007-01-06 12:48:55 H=smtp3.hushmail.com [65.39.178.135] incomplete transaction (RSET) from <[email protected]>
hushmail is blocking you . Without knowing your IP# I have no idea why. However I should point out that you've not changed example.com to something else ... so if someone does get blocked they don't know how to reach you. You should replace example.com with a URL where people can visit to find out how to get you to unblock themselves.

Jeff

Back