Anyone upgraded Exim on FreeBSD 4.9 yet?

i2iweb

Verified User
Wanted to know what the ins and outs are before I attempt this myself. I'm currently using 4.24.

I think you should ask the DA team for specific paths and compile options. EXIM is a custom package. I see the current version DA is using is 4.24 and the latest available version is 4.32. But if it ain't broke there's no need to fix it :)

But sometimes you don't know its broken until its to late and your mail server has been comprised ;) So I'd also like to know how to update it. (also other software like mysql etc.)

That is true but serious bug fixes or upgrades are already taken care of by DA. So if a security hole is in one of the custom packages like Exim or Mysql you will receive a patched/upgraded version. So that is what I actually ment with the "don't fix it if it is working".

rhoekman said:
So if a security hole is in one of the custom packages like Exim or Mysql you will receive a patched/upgraded version.
Are you sure? I don't think so?

Hey John or Mark...

Please clarify... do you automaically install patched/upgraded versions of anything required by DA?

If not, do you have a security notification service?

Thanks.

Jeff

John told me that they don't use the affected syntax in their config of exim. So DA's Exim config is not affected.

jlasman said:
Are you sure? I don't think so?

Hey John or Mark...

Please clarify... do you automaically install patched/upgraded versions of anything required by DA?

If not, do you have a security notification service?

Thanks.

Jeff

Updates are manual, either new rpms are placed on files.directadmin.com or the custom apache system is updated and you can run ./build clean ./build update to fix sort that :)

Notificiations - check my latest message in the custom apache thread and also take a look at http://optimum-servers.com/products/ for more information on that ;)

(DirectAssistant/DirectUpdate feature notes at the bottom of that page)

At the moment i'm doing numerous things to drastically increase the speed in which updates are available :)

Chris

I upgraded apache, thx.

"few" days passed, anyone upgraded exim in freebsd yet ?

Looks like I have to dust off my old test server and try this myself.

I'll post what I come up with.

Back