Anyone used Bu Backup for incremental backup?

I took a test with them (DA 8.1), works perfectly
Since jetbackup will not be ready for Centos 8 (for DA) yet, I plan to subscribe to them

Since jetbackup will not be ready for Centos 8 (for DA) yet, I plan to subscribe to them
I tried but I keep on getting:

Could not connect remote host.

I always get the same error:

Could not connect remote host.

It works properly. You can install Ubuntu for the remote backup server.
Tried with a backup server running Centos and other in Ubintu, same error. Thing is I have tried Jetbackup and it works (but I don't want to use something not finished) and so does manual rsync.

Contacted support and waiting for a reply

Tried with a backup server running Centos and other in Ubintu, same error. Thing is I have tried Jetbackup and it works (but I don't want to use something not finished) and so does manual rsync.

Contacted support and waiting for a reply

Ok do you have a firewall in your remote backup server ? Is it a cloud based server. Some of cloud hosting providers using an external firewall.

I managed to make it work, it works so perfectly. It is also really cheap so kudos for the developers (y) I can't believe it isn't more popular around here, it's the cheapest and it works really nice despite being so simple.

I made a feature request to add ignore list as jetbackup, hopefully they add it son.

We have been looking at it while testing jet backup. I may have to try it out.

-tried it out and it seems to work great! Easier than JB to install and configure and works with Centos8

Last edited:
We have been looking at it while testing jet backup. I may have to try it out.

-tried it out and it seems to work great! Easier than JB to install and configure and works with Centos8
It has been working so good for me as well! kudos to the team!

Stay away , this is my opinion, it stops backing up with out warning, support is a awful, 3 days and they are not replying
1693132764060.png

Back