Apache 1.3.33 available.

If you're after updating right now, you could probably upgrade using a similar method to this.

Hopefully DA will update their version soon though.

Phi1.

hopefully it's just a matter of changing the version in the build file and doing it. i emailed da support already and let them know there is a new apache.

any of you verify your files? i seem to be getting different md5sum replies from apache_1.3.33.tar.gz and apache_1.3.33.tar.gz.md5 they should match right?

never mind they match the sig on their website.

Last edited:
there doesn't appear to be a mod_ssl for apache1.3.33 yet...so the build script fails. I guess we will have to wait till mod_ssl releases a proper version for 3.33

Last edited:
That mod_ssl fix should be very easy:
Code:
echo "mod_ssl/2.8.21-1.3.33" > pkg.sslmod/libssl.version
Where pkg.sslmod/libssl.version is in the mod_ssl source directory ;)

DA need to respond faster to updates and the old perl is bad as well, they only seem to release updates when pushed to :(

choon I have modified your script to work with FBSD with your permission I can post for the FreeBSD users.

Sure as long as it helps DA users/admins :)
My guess is the only modification you need to make are the location of directadmin daemon which is /usr/local/etc/rc.d/ ? and maybe changes of wget to fetch if wget is not installed ? :)

Last edited:
Version updated for my script to support the mod_ssl latest release ;)
Looks like the http://files.directadmin.com/services/customapache/ site is under heavy hits... ???
Code:
# sh fixcustomapachebuild-1.3.33.txt
All clean!
--05:09:34--  [url]http://files.directadmin.com/services/customapache/build[/url]
           => `/usr/local/directadmin/customapache/build.new'
Resolving files.directadmin.com... done.
Connecting to files.directadmin.com[67.17.16.47]:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response...

Last edited:
Though I'm really happy that we users are taking the steps to post update scripts I'm still waiting for DA to make an official announcement that a new version is/was available. This I think should be implemented in the Admin area where normally the new DA versions are announced. Sort of version check of what you are running and what is available for upgrade on the DA servers. I know it is my responsibility to keep my server sane and healthy but a little reassurance would be nice that I'm running tested update scripts. Also a faster response on software that has a security hole in it would be great (for example the phpmyadmin version on the DA servers is still holding this flaw). Don't get me wrong I love DA and I never ran software this stable and with ease (except for FreeBSD that is ;))

rhoekman I agree, this is why I made the comment about us needing to push directadmin for updates, there will be a lot of people just running ./build update every now and then thinking they are completely up to date, and of course they are not, I found out about the new apache from a cpanel upgrade post on another forum which was days ago now. The only way I can reassure you about this script is that I have ran it ok on 2 FreeBSD 5.2.1 server's and have no ill effect from it, I couldnt test the fetch version at the time tho because directadmin's fileservers were timing out so it was failing at the first part of the script.

Exactly, I have been thinking of posting a message to see if someone could write a plugin for this. This plugin would need maintainers keeping track of new versions released so people receive the updates when they click on retrieve and install. Anyone talented and feeling the need? (move this post if it gets offtopic)

The update is already on their server.

I ran the update fine on one server. Will do the other one today.

the official directadmin build script is updated for apache, mod-perl and modssl now?

Back