apache asp

gmilazzo

Verified User
well i've talk with mark and he couldn't help and i tought mark knew it all :) i'm trying to get apache asp to run on a linux server did everyhing i could think of beside throwing it against the wall and still can't get it to run can anyone help me here please.

Apache's asp comes installed with the Plesk server.

My recollection is that it's an apache module.

I will say that most asp code seems to not run in it :( .

Does anyone know if there's a RedHat RPM for it? If so, perhaps adding it would make it just work.

Jeff

i have mod_perl installed and i followed that install and still nothing hmmmm maybe asp really does s%$k

the only time we ever tried apache asp we found the only advantage to it was that "filename.asp" worked. But only with static html in it; not if we tried any actual asp code.

But that was our experience; yours may differ.

Jeff

all i need asp for is the comapny i use to registar doamins with their control panel i thnk i will just use another comapny will be alot easier :)

Do you mean you want to resell their services and they require ASP on your server?

I'm familiar with a lot of domain registries (we resell Dotster), and I've never seen one require you have ASP.

If you need full ASP you can buy it from Sun; I don't know how hard it would be to integrate, though. And even with their commercial solution you still won't be able to run Access or MS SQL on your own server.

Jeff

Personally I think APACHE ASP is a BIG waste of time - it's not developed enough, and doesn't even run properly 99.9% of the time..

All I could suggest for you is possibly buying a windows hosting account with a reputable host...

:)

Back