API documentation is wrong: Setting things to "OFF" does not disable them (CMD_API_DOMAIN)

bloop

Verified User
I already solved this but I figured I would make a post about it, since the documentation tells you the wrong thing:

It says:
ssl=ON or OFF
cgi=ON or OFF
php=ON or OFF
but this is wrong. If you transmit "cgi=OFF" in your request, it will turn cgi on. It will turn it off if you omit the cgi paramter completely. Presumably the same is true of the other two as well. So now I accidentally enabled cgi on a bunch of domains without meaning to. Not the end of the world, but I figured I would post here so the documentation can get fixed, or at least someone else may find it helpful.

warg

Verified User
I think you can post this to the support even if your license doesn't include tech support because usually they fix the documentation if it's wrong and if this is a bug in the software, this sounds quite bad because you enable services you never wanted to and thus open potential security holes. Maybe you wait a week or two to see if they react to this thread.

bloop

Verified User
I don't actually have a license at all, I just use a hosting provider that gives you directadmin on your server as a management panel