API suspend domains as admin, not the entire account.

I would also add to this request another one a little related.

I would like to be able to choose if user can see the "manage domain" section.

That section allow user to edit bandwidht, remove a domain and add another one, i wanna be able to doesnt allow that to user, and, remove the "manage domain" link would be nice (disable the ability for user would be much better).

Thanks

Regards

See my post in your other thread. I'm still confused. Elimintating access to the management page doesn't stop the user from logging into the domain and making any changes. Are you selling individual domain accounts under a user? Why?

Jeff

Hello,

Just as a followup (we got an email asking about it), you can already suspend a domain via API:
http://www.directadmin.com/forum/showthread.php?p=209717#post209717

-----------------------------------
@SeLLeRoNe:
CMD_ADDITIONAL_DOMAINS
CMD_DOMAIN

would be what you'd want to block with this:
http://www.directadmin.com/features.php?id=1171

You could in theory manage those options with the custom package items, if you wanted a Reseller Level -> User package option for domain management. You'd need to use the user_create_post.sh and user_modify_post.sh to take action on your checkbox, to add/remove the above CMD options to/from the commands.deny.

Although 99% of Users won't realize it, you'd also need to block CMD_API_DOMAIN and CMD_API_ADDITIONAL_DOMAINS, for the full block of the commands.

John

And at skin level will those "buttons" disappear or ive to edit manually the skin?

Jeff i only want them to block the ability to suspend themself a domain, change single domain limits (bandwidht, disk space) and remove the domain with the ability to add another completly different just cause will have a domain free to add (once removed the one they already have).

Ill explain why, i wanna do something like this (im working on it using API)

Every user will have just one random access code (ex 00000000) and that access will be used on my website, using api then they will be able to edit configs to each domain without log directly to directadmin.

Before i can do that (still work in progress with no eta from programmers) i would like to start to organize customers with same userid (like up 00000000) and multiple domains on it.

But each domain have his own disk-space limit and bandwidht limit that yes i can actually set and manage, but, if they go to manage domain they can change those settings (example put all unlimited and use the account max bandwidht on a single domain and keep the others unused) and i dont want that they have this ability, i would like that each domain have his own disk space and bandwith and users cannot touch it so easly... thats why i requested a feature to give me the ability to enable/disable that function for user/package/reseller/whatever.

John thanks for your reply, probably that will work correctly but ill have to edit the skin manually on each update for remove the link, i think (maybe im wrong) that as feature would me much more appreciate cause will automatize the skin link too, also, in that way i can choose a user that can edit those data and who not (the command allow give me this ability but if i delete the skin link to domain mange will disappear for everyone at the same unless i do multiple copy of the skin ex 1 for who can 1 for who cant and that will be a pain on updates...)

Hope this is more clear for what im looking for :)

Regards and thanks for replies ^^

Hello,

Yes, right now it needs to be edited.
Note, you can use this, so that it's safe from update overwrites:
http://help.directadmin.com/item.php?id=295

However, what I could do.. is add a check to see if the User is allowed to run CMD_DOMAINS (commands.allow/commands.deny) and simply add an |*if ..| statement to hide that link.

I'm hesitant to add an entire new package item for it.. but adding the commands.* check with a token, is simple enough.

John

Thanks a lot! Is exactly what i was looking for :)

Im not using the default da skin, so, with you update the mantainence of my actual skin have to be edited aswell to fit my needs for this feature and repairing me from a big headache :)

Best regards

Hi John,

i would ask something about this feature.

If i want as default to deny some program for all existing users and all new users, how can i create a standard commands.deny? I need to create a custom script with user_create_post.sh for take the file or there is a "default directory" where those file are grabbed?

Thanks

Ok ive managed to made the scripts.

I would request something different now, at reseller level should be a button for "add a domain to a user" cause if user have "domain setup" disabled the reseller must enable the domain setup, log as user, add domain, log back to reseller level and disable again domain seutp.

So, i suppose, that have the abililty to add a domain to a specific user at reseller level should be a way to be faster on manage users.

Dont you think? Would be that too hard to do?

Thanks

Hmm..
I'd be on the fence with that one, reason being is that it would be a duplicate feature for something that was disabled due to a customization (which few others will have).
I'm not totally opposed to it, but would need a bit more support from others who would like to have it.

John

Back