Assigning owned IP to reseller

bashy

Verified User
Hi

Is this possible

At present i have a reseller with 8 clients, This reseller is using the shared server ip address and none of the clients can use SSL due to not owning the IP address.

To be able to let all clients use the servers shared SSL do i have to assign an owned IP to this reseller?
If so how do i move all the clients from the server shared IP to the resellers Owned IP please?

Regards

Bashy

Last edited:
Hi

Is this possible

At present i have a reseller with 8 clients, This reseller is using the shared server ip address and none of the clients can use SSL due to not owning the IP address.

To be able to let all clients use the servers shared SSL do i have to assign an owned IP to this reseller?
If so how do i move all the clients from the server shared IP to the resellers Owned IP please?

Regards

Bashy

the way im reading this, are all the clients on the one shared server ip?

I think there is an SSL certificate that you can get that can use the server ip (shared ip) as a shared ssl cert. this would solve the problem but at this moment in time Ive forgot what this special SSL cert is called. google it.

I beleive you can also assign an ip to the reseller and register a shared ssl cert for that ip too but I think all the clients would have to be on the 1 ip im not 100% on how this works.

there is also a seperate ssl cert you can get. this will require 1 ip address for 1 domain then you register for a ssl cert for that ip that only works on the assigned domain.

Cheers flumps, i will have another read as to what ya wrote and look into it :)

Back