Backup RH --> FreeBSD

existenz

Verified User
I have a simple question for anyone. Have you had a DA box running RH and made a backup then uploaded and restored that to FreeBSD?

I have a RH 7.3 to FreeBSD 4.9 box which I am trying to convert. When I tried to restore it would not work. Is it possible that if the paths don't match where the files should go?

any thougts...

Hello,

The paths should be the same. Maybe try unchecking bits of the restore options to see why it isn't going. Also remember that you have to have the domains and databases created before doing the restore.

John

Seems like their might be a issue, looking though the files I don't see on RH 7.3 or FreeBSD box (DA 1.20.1) updating pop accounts at all?

I tried to have the new box make a backup, its shows the tar.gz of the backup but when you restore it shows the domain files and in the mail folder the passwd file but it does NOT backup the messages.

I know this feature worked before because I used it...

Hello,

The backup feature doesn't touch pop mbox files. That's one of the many things I'll be improving with the far superior backup/transfer tool. I'm hoping it will do everything without any effort :)

John

I must be crazy I am almost 100% sure I restored email? I guess I was having a day dream of a better backup/transfer tool. :confused:

What exactly does this do in the backup:
-POP Accounts for all domains

Correct me if I am wrong, but I have had to in the past recreate the pop accounts with the same password as the previous time?

Sorry about the confusion I was almost 100% sure it exported the mail from each account.

It currently does:

- pop accounts (username/passwords only)
- aliases
- autoresponders/vacation messages (with messages)
- email settings (filters)
- ftp accounts/passwords
- ftp settings (for anonymous ftp)
- mysql database contents. Doesn't create the database, and assumes the same database name is already created during a restore.
- subdomain names
- All contents of /home/username/domains

John

Back