backups...

lnguyen

Verified User
When creating a backup, is what is created a backup for every domain the user has, or just that specific domain the user is currently managing?

Also, when you do create a backup, does the webpage actually have to be continually open?? I ask because I remember cpanel would send an email when it's done. Here, it seems like the webpage is waiting. I closed it, and the process was still running, so I assumed it was fine.

However, when I went to see my list of backups, there was todays date listed, but for some reason, the description was for the "up a level" link in the file manager... and there was nothing for me to download (and it was listed ask 4kb).

So, do I need to leave the DA window waiting when creating backups, and is the backup for all domains?

If it is for all domains, can you do individual domains?

Hello,

Yes, you should be able to close the window after a few seconds. It will continue to work in the background, although for the User Level Backup, there won't be any "finished" messages as the output is generally given on the screen.

All domains are included, and there isn't any option to only select 1.

John

Is there any future plan to have that option? or has it not really been requested?

Thanks
Linh

lnguyen said:
Is there any future plan to have that option? or has it not really been requested?

Thanks
Linh

A client of me asked me if this feature could be provided to him through the user interface, I also find it very useful and nice to have.
Dear directadmin programmers, is this possible to have this in a future version?

Best Regards,
Frank

What option? Which kind of backups? This thread is quite confusing to me.

Jeff

DirectAdmin Support said:
Hello,

Yes, you should be able to close the window after a few seconds. It will continue to work in the background, although for the User Level Backup, there won't be any "finished" messages as the output is generally given on the screen.

All domains are included, and there isn't any option to only select 1.

John

Hello,

I meant the option, for a user to be able to select which domains (including mails, etc...) to backup.
Maybe the user has 5 domains but he wants to backup only one or two and not the whole bunch.

I was asked this form a customer and honestly I agree that this should be possible. If a user is able to create more than one domain then he should also be able to backup/restore them individually. I have not analysed deeply the way that directadmin handles this kind of processing put I believe that it shouldn't be too hard to do.

Thanks,
Frank

Back