Best practice adding sites

bdj

Verified User
I'm about to add about 40-50 wordpress sites to a directadmin vps.
Would it be better to add something like 4-5 users with 10 sites or just all under 1 user?

for me - better to have separate account for each domain - it's more secure, also easier to backup/restore/migrate.

Zhenyapan is correct.
Anyway, many users like to have all domains on one account.

I'm with Zheneypan in regards to safety and maintance but what about when it spawns "php-fpm: pool <username>" for 50 different users?

in such case you also have more flexible config - you can set lower limits for separate accounts/domain, you can track which website causes high load, also at CSF/LFD you can configure ProcessTracking

Separate user is better because if 40 websites in a single user and one of the websites is compromised with user login, hacker could access another 39 websites with no effort at all.

But the problem here is the license restricting, more user means more money you need to spend for DA license. That's why I ever posted about this ask them to provide at least 3 access level. Currently basic license only have 1 admin user, and if you add 40 websites using this admin user, and ur site get compromised ... guess what ... ur DA panel will get compromised too because you should not use admin user to add website for production! If DA team can give at least 3 access level like admin, reseller, user then this going to be a bit secured.

Back