Blocked from home IP

DutchQ

Verified User
As all of u, do i use DA to control my clients en their websites.
A while ago i encountered a issue that i couldn't visit my own domain from my home.
it only on the main directory, the odd thing is that i can visit subdomain and even DA through port 2222.

When i visit my main directory www.example.com the server comes up with the main 404 page that is located in 'var/www/html' as 'index.shtml'.
Even de SSL certificate isn't the correct one. When i visit my own webpage from home, i get a localhost certificate.

when use my phones internet connection on my computer, everything is normal again. So think my IP or something like that is blocked from apache.

Do any of you recognize this problem or does know a solution for this?

Kind regards,
Quincy

please send me pm message with your email/skype
it's look like you don't have a knowledge on linux
so i don't understand it.

Actually is pretty strange that Apache block your IP.

Have you tried to clean cache using CTRL+F5 on the page?

You should provide your domain to a more detailed check, with those few information we should just guess... and causes may be various.

Regards

The cause can vary indeed, just to throw something else in the race; my first thought is that it's a DNS issue. Try to ping/resolve your domain from each location/device, with www and without and any other subdomains you are trying; see if the IP address is the same on each location/device.

Re:

... Have you tried to clean cache ...
Yes I tried several times. And still i get that webpage that you get when you don't have a index in the root directory of your site.

...Try to ping/resolve your domain from each location/device, with www and without and any other subdomains you are trying; see if the IP address is the same on each location/device.
No its not the same. Cos when i use cellar internet from my phone, i get the correct webpage.
When im home and use WIFI on my phone, it won't load the correct webpage.

it looks like apache sent me to another root directory when i used my home IP address. Could it be a vhost exception?
BTW.. I can still ping my website from my home.

What is the domain name? What IP# is it set up for at the server?

When you run nslookup or dig from your local machine on your local domain name, what IP# shows up?

Without this information none of us have enough information to help you.

Jeff

More info

The domain i can't load properly on my browser is: http://www.slicq.nl
This domain is running on my main IP address at: 185.10.49.90

Can i provide you guys with more info?

It isn't in the system hosts file. I can't reach my website form any PC that on my home network.
For example: When i use my tablet on wifi i get a the 404 Page. When i use the 4G connection the page will load fine.

And the NSLOOKUPS response with the correct information.

I think you are visiting the website with IPv6. Try IPv4 only or check your IPv6 settings/configuration (and virtualhosts).

And another possibility is that your home system IP# is being blocked by your server firewall. That's the first thing we check for when a client tells us he cannot reach his site from his home system. Many firewalls, including CSF, will block an IP# after a relatively few tries with the same IP# with the wrong password.

Jeff

And another possibility is that your home system IP# is being blocked by your server firewall.

If blocked by CSF the topic starter would not see 404 error I'd guess.

The odd thing is that subdomains always work. I can use SSH and FTP from my home system IP address. So i don't think im blocked by the firewall. I moved my account from reseller to user a few days a goo and i the problem has not occurred anymore. I think its solved, but i still don't know why. At least i would thank you all for your help. I appreciate that :)

Oh, the problem came back :( So this is not solved yet. Just don't got it for a few days.

Terminal gives me the correct IP of the website. O Just don't understand why DA is redirecting me to the index in 'var/www/html' in stead of my normal index.

So now you seems to have a different problem?

It does show a 404 error page or the standard index file in /var/www/html?

If is the second, so there should be a virtualhost problem, does you have any customization in virtualhost templates?

Regards

My index file in /var/www/html is a 404 since i got this server.
And yes i got custom virtual host. But that doesn't explain why this is only occur on computers in my home network.

My index file in /var/www/html is a 404 since i got this server.
And yes i got custom virtual host. But that doesn't explain why this is only occur on computers in my home network.

Do you have IPv6 / AAAA records? Remove them or add to virtualhost and try again. I think you're home network has a IPv6 connection and most other computers connect via IPv4.

Back