Bruteforce monitor - Failed Login: Username list blank and undefined

MaXi32

Verified User
1) I think this happen a very long time ago but I didn't report this as I thought a new update will fix it. When I go to Failed logins Usernames List tab, I can only see blank details here

blank_usernames_list.JPG

2) When I put one of the usernames to the skip list like below

blank_usernames_list_2.JPG

3) Then, when I view this username in Skip List tab the IP/User section has an 'undefined' value like below:

blank_usernames_list_4.JPG

DirectAdmin Values​

Compiled onLinux 64-bit
Compile DateOct 6 2021, 21:49:44
Server Version1.62.9
Current Available Version1.62.9000
Last UpdatedThu Oct 7 05:50:23 2021
Last RestartTue Oct 19 13:22:10 2021
Commit SHA8ac6f6037d887fe5b77ae6107b7b5fa19b5fb1de

Attachments

• blank_usernames_list_3.JPG
    blank_usernames_list_3.JPG
    32 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
I just tested this on a new installation, I could not reproduce this on a new install (but with limited data; only 2 usernames failed login). I will inspect what caused this and update here.

So I deleted all bruteforce entries:

rm /usr/local/directadmin/data/admin/brute_*

Every Bruteforce log is now cleared except this Failed Logins Username List tab that still has empty entries.

I knew that the list originally came from brute_user.data (the entry only has one line) and now it was cleared. The question is where did these multiple empty entries come from?

Note that I'm still trying to reproduce this error ... will keep updating here.

Last edited:
Ok, finally I can reproduce this after a fresh install of Directadmin 1.63.0, if I set this feature to off:

Code:
./directadmin set user_brutecount 0

https://www.directadmin.com/features.php?id=1839

I can see the page is blank (as mentioned in the feature) but the expected output should be:

The user Bruteforce page should be hidden and it should not have any entries that can be selected or added to the skip list with undefined values. So this is probably a minor bug in the evolution skin. @smtalk

Back