Cannot execute binary file

tosasilviu

Hello,

I am trying to install the DirectAdmin to my Oracle Free Tier server: Oracle-Linux-8.5-aarch64-2021.12.14-0
But I am facing an error as:

Code:
./setup.sh: line 742: /usr/local/directadmin/directadmin: cannot execute binary file: Exec format error

While searching for a solution through the forum I found out I need to change the OS from my Client Area licenses because I had it on "Auto Detect". But while changing to every Linux and CloudLinux 8 from the dropdown list, I couldn't make it work and install the DirectAdmin panel.

As well I have executed the following to find which OS I am using:

Code:
cat /etc/redhat-release
Red Hat Enterprise Linux release 8.5 (Ootpa)

uname -r
5.4.17-2136.302.6.1.el8uek.aarch64

uname -m
aarch64

I am using the wrong Linux version, Ampere instead of AMD or Intel?
Any help here will be highly appreciated.

Thank you very much :)

Ampere instead of AMD or Intel?
You're using ARM instead of AMD or Intel indeed. ARM is not supported yet. So best to choose amd or intel. I'm not sure if Oracle Linux is supported. Probably it is, but I'm not sure.

If it doesn't matter for you, maybe best install Alma Linux 8.5.

Getting back to this, I can confirm that switching to an AMD processor but keeping the Oracle Linux 7.9 allows the installation for the DirectAdmin panel.

That's good! I presume that is the AMD version of Oracle Linux 7.9. There is also a 8.5 AMD version of Oracle Linux.
Thank you for the confirmation and have fun with DA!

That's good! I presume that is the AMD version of Oracle Linux 7.9. There is also a 8.5 AMD version of Oracle Linux.
Thank you for the confirmation and have fun with DA!
Yes there is also a version of 8.5 Oracle Linux.
Thank you for your support 💪

I installed Directadmin on Oracle Free Tier. I'got a problem when I try to use my own (local) dns service. When I set on new added domain in domain registrar panel ns1.mydns.com and ns2.mydns.com , domain added in Directadmin, all set, but it dont work, like something is blocking domain
Did you have the same problems in Oracle free tier VM ?

Back