Cannot Upload html files via Dreamweaver

Goldie32

Hi all
I am having trouble uploading my webpages to my webspace using Dreamweaver.

I have entered all of the necessary info correctly, and it is able to connect to the site by' testing the connection', but when I need to upload files, all I get is 'waiting for server'

I have checked the permissons and they are correct.

I am able to upload via the DirectAdmin Control Panel (File Manager) with no problems, it's just a problem with Dreamweaver.

I have been able to upload previously about 3 weeks ago, but now that I need to upload more files, I am having the problem.

Chris

Have you installed a firewall on the server - if you have ensure port 21 (FTP) is open.

Also try using a normal FTP client and check you can connect successfully.

Chris

I have got a firewall installed, but according to the setup of the FW is that port 21 is open.

Chris

Hello,

The ftp data isn't transferred on 21.. it sometimes uses port 20, or a random high port number depending on how you've connected to the server. Open up port 20 and make sure you're using PASV mode (if the option exists in dreamweaver)

John

Yup, it has something to do with my firewall.

As stated above, I use Dreamweaver to upload my files, but I have just used WS FTP Pro to try and connect.

I have to turn my firewall off completely to connect through WS FTP Pro, so obviously it has something to do with the configuring of the necessary ports.

But for some reason, turning off the firewall completely is not enough to allow me to connect via Dreamweaver.

A little more investigation is required.

Thanks anyway.

Chris

Back