cant change settings in forum

Sprinklestar

Verified User
Code:
vBulletin Message

Sprinklestar, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

also i searched everywhere i guess but i cant set that i get an email if someonesends a PM to me

Is this for here at Directadmin?

If yes, it might be that you get those rights after you made a certain amount of postings on this forum.
Or you can ask [email protected] if they would change this setting for you.

it is indeed on this forum, its kinda annoying to not get a mail when you get reply, maybe for future reference you should set this to default for newly registered users, getting 20 times on a day back to a forum to a forum just to check if you have respons on a private message is really annoying, also forcing people to post at the end useless post just to get the post limit for it is also kinda crap.

this is more calling for spamming forums then actually preventing spam.

at least i am 1 post closer now to the limit i guess for mine post limit

It's a bit of difficult because a lot of people don't like having this enabled automatically. However, it would be better to have new users have access to their settings so they can manage this.
Maybe if you reply to this one you're again a post closer, I don't know exactly how many posts are needed.

Still stucked with the same problem any of the team who can fix this, i allready mail but no respons

I'll put my thumbs up for you. Any clue how many messages you must have done before settings open up?

no clue but as i mentioned earlier if you force people to post to get basic acces to settings thats asking for useless talk and useless chitchat, kinda what i am doing now for mine feeling.
I usual like to post only if needed and not just chit chat, what even is worser the random question hereabove you have to fill in each time you try to post

if you dont have english or american english as foreign language what the heck should i do with phrases like duck, duck, ____ mine logic says duck but that wrong (yippee, we get rebound and guess what 4 times in a row the same question....)

I would never have set this setting this way. Users should be able to configure that at any time, but it's not my choice.
Also I fully agree. I don't like to do useless talk and chitchat either, I'm just doing it now to help you reach your necessary post count in case smtalk can't help you.
Eventually you could also try tickets.directadmin.com for help, might speed things up.

i dont want to be verified or stuff like that i just want to be able to adjust mine settings.
its kinda noob level that registered forummembers dont have actual the option to set stuff which actually is going about privacy.
basicly mine privacy settings are now being judged by the forumadmin who says for me i dont want this or do want that

the directadmin software is a great peace of software where even the user of it undepended the level reseller admin or user have the ability to set stuff like this, so if they want to receive mail when cron is done yes or no recieve mail on ticket yes or no etc...

why do you code it in your own software so people keep a pretty wide range of privacy settings and why do you guys block it of here to new members, feel like you are measuring with different thiings

i kinda giving up the hope of that this is even being read by teammembers, probably not looking at the time spam, maybe i should had made a plugin or something code related so they should read it, answering aint the strongest part thats for sure

i am an ex administrator of phpbb.nl, a pretty big community itself so i think i can speak about forum software and setting stuff up, how to handle privacy issues., just this wasnt in mine expection, as said the software is great the support on tech forum part also though the other part is kinda ignored.

They are running on vBulletin. I worked with vbulletin forum software for many years and it's great and has many options.
Like you say, they just have made some wrong settings.
They might have done it to prevent spamming, maybe some spam users abused this function some how. But I agree with you there is no need to disable it. VBulletin has many anti-spam mods which are working great.
So I also wonder why DA has set it up this way. I also wonder why nobody is answering your pm. I'll try to send an email to support.
Maybe yours got in their spam folder some how, one never knows.

Woot no respons but i am finally verified, not that that was mine main intention, i just wanted to be able to edit mine personal settings how i like forum reply and notfies me.
though for now i finally could edit it, no more useless bandwidth usage of me, i come when i get mail or when i have questions, also will reply where i can help others out.

Back