cant see my newly created domains....

theno1pars

hi all
i just purchased a DA reseller acc from a hosting company.I created a new domain through add new user which it did successfully , but i can only log into the new domain as the new user.I cannot see the account in the file manager nor access it with my reseller account.

Is this a default behavior as i presumed i would get full access to any new domain i create with being a more privileged non root user.
The only thing i can do is to delete the user and its domain.

can anyone point me in the direction of good tutorials for basic reseller to give me a good grounding with this software as i am a complete noob to web control panels.

TIA
andy

You cannot manage a domain you do not own. But you can easily login as the user that owns the domain and then manage it.

The reseller will have it's independent domain/website data. As Floyd says you can log in to your user account to manage the domain.

Alternatively, you can create the domain under your reseller account instead of a separate user. It depends on your use-case as to why you'd do that.

thanks for the clarification.

the domains i create will mainly be for clients websites that i manage so it may make sense from my prospective to create local domains for easier management and keep the clients from meddling with the server.Food for thought.

any good links to good tuts???

Also be aware just creating the domain via your reseller panel is not enough. At the domains registrar, the necessary ip's need to point to your server, or if you use your own nameservers (mayba as aliasses) the domain has to point to your nameservers.

Back