Can't see recieved email (Fresh DA install)

bdj

Verified User
I have a new server on which I run into a problem.

We I send a message to a mailbox on the server it is recieved just fine:
./exim/mainlog/:
Code:
2012-08-12 10:48:56 1T0Tqy-0008eP-6U <= [email][email protected][/email] H=smtp-server.com [xx.xx.x.x] P=esmtp S=998 [email protected] T="test 10:48" from <[email protected]> for [email][email protected][/email]
2012-08-12 10:48:56 1T0Tqy-0008eP-6U => User<[email protected]> F=<[email protected]> R=virtual_user T=virtual_localdelivery S=1156
2012-08-12 10:48:56 1T0Tqy-0008eP-6U Completed

Now when I login to either roundcube or squirrelmail or outlook, no e-mail is to be found.

Code:
Aug 12 10:49:21 server4 dovecot: imap-login: Login: user=<[email protected]>, method=PLAIN, rip=127.0.0.1, lip=127.0.0.1, mpid=33272, secured, session=<yrNApw3H8QB/AAAB>
Aug 12 10:49:21 server4 dovecot: imap([email protected]): Disconnected: Logged out in=117 out=1440

For a test I restored an account from another server to the new server. When I login to roundcube ore squirrelmail I do see e-mail from prior to the restore but no new message I send to the server and which I saw were recieved by exim.

Any ideas?
Thanks

In another thread I found a suggestion by SMtalk

Code:
cd /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild
./build todovecot

This fixed the problem

New server installations should have been installing the Dovecot version of DirectAdmin for several years now. The only reason I can think of for this reason is if you copied over an exim.conf file from an old server. Did you?

Jeff

Jeff,

I did not copy anything. I had a fresh install of clean FreeBSD 8.3 on a brand new server and installed Directadmin with Custombuild 1.2. If I remember correctly Dovecot was disabled in custombuild.conf among some other things I wanted, so I enabled them and rebuild.

I will be doing the same thing next month (or 2) and I will pay close attention to the status of dovecot

My understanding is that the setting is for updates and not for initial installation, which should always install Dovecot/Maildir.

Hopefully DirectAdmin staff will respond.

Jeff

Hello,

Dovecot should be enable by default, across the board, unless either customapache is used (not recommended), or if it's explicitly disabled at install time (not recommended).
Either way, the above is the correct solution.. enable it, install it, and use ./build todovecot.

John

John and Jeff, I will pay close attention when I install the next server.

Back