CB2 Pigeonhole work out the box? (dovecot 2.2.12 / Roundcube 0.9.5)

FAF

Verified User
Hi
Long time no see. Happy to be here. I've been running Centos and DA for 8 years or so, without any problems... but my laziness. Currently I'm running CentOS 6.5, DirectAdmin 1.45.1, latest CB2 upgraded from CB1.2, dovecot 2.2.12, Exim 4.82, Roundcube 0.9.5, SpamAssassin 3.4.0, and also Apache 2.4.9 as well thx :) - all up-to-date and runs nice.

Been looking at Pigeonhole from the CB2 build, seems interesting, anyone tried it on dovecot 2.2.12 and Roundcube 0.9.5/Roundcube 1.0?

Thx

/FAF

Edit: I'll take the plunge tomorrow and install Pigeonhole on the current setup.

Last edited:
Due to the update of RoundCube 1.0, I have decided to not install Pigeonhole on my server right now. I will have to wait until all of the quarks are worked out, if at all. It just brings another layer of complexity, which is actually detrimental to the clients if they cannot get to their e-mails, or have other problems. So I will postpone the install and see what time brings. Better safe than sorry IMHO. Thx.

managesieve plugins is part of roundcube default installation.

You can safely install pigeonhole and roundcube 1 actually... i do use it since about an year now...

Regards

managesieve plugins is part of roundcube default installation.

You can safely install pigeonhole and roundcube 1 actually... i do use it since about an year now...

Regards

Thx SeLLeRoNe

I will wait a few, because my clients are old and "non-flexible". No need for extra support on something that they do not use anyway. Thank you for your post and advice, but I will just wait a few and see what happens. After the install of RC1.0, the filters are no longer to be seen in the tree of RC. I will keep it that way and see what happens. I have announced the filter on my homepage, but I will postpone it for a while, to see if theres an actual need for this. It sounds nice, but I will not give my users anything that would fill my support threads, it's hard enough with the Spam support, which they cannot understand. You know...the "it worked yesterday" and "I got a spam message in my inbox" thingy. Good grief I say! Thank you anyway though, because I can personal see a use of it - just to bad that they do not own any common sense regarding IT and the tech behind, and just figures that everything just works and that spam is something that should not be happening. If I had thousands of paying clients I would, I think, but I do not. Things should just run as usual, so that I can develop without the eventual support e-mails from people who are not use to changes. I'm actually the one who likes new features, and sometimes forget that less technical inclined people are using my services. I will wait and see if there is an actual need for server-side-filtering right now. It should just run as usual I guess :).

I know I started this, but I chicken out, for the sake of my sanity. My clients are not ready. Already answered a bunch of support-mails today....no more than that I can take as is. You are also aware of the bugs, so I'll say wait.

Thx though and sry.

/FAF

Back