Cron jobs not working on all web stores

dorucrisan

Verified User
I host several web shops that are updated (products, prices, stock) using a feed from supplier.
We run this kind of cron every 8 hours or so:
It used to work flawlessly for many months. Recently we found that some products shown as in stock were out of stock, also some prices did not match with supplier's current price. Checking the logs we noticed that crons stopped working two weeks ago. It is strange, exactly same crons does work on some shops but does not work on others. Even more strange is that launching the cron command line from browser it always work on all shops. I moved some shop with crons not working on other DA server, running same Centos7, with same php.ini values and everything else the same, crons are working as they should. I don't know where the difference may be. Any idea? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
try running from ssh cli and save debug output to check issued

maybe it relate to ssl error on your server.

All not working crons stopped after 09.30, that was last date when there were running. Any connection with some update or anything like that?

this cause only in your server
Example, you can't wget or curl to site that use by letencrypt

Code:
yum update
update-ca-trust
this should fixed

I checked again, crons were working well last time on sept29 and some on sept 30, since then not working anymore. nothing changed by myself anywhere, just regular updates from inside DA.

this cause only in your server
Example, you can't wget or curl to site that use by letencrypt

Code:
yum update
update-ca-trust
this should fixed
Thank you, OK I runned that. Anything else I must do?

try running command that provide to cron jobs with ssh cmdline
if working, cron jobs should working too

command is working from browser, store is updated. problem is that cron does not start, all of them stopped working at same date, sept 29 or 30. before that date all were working just fine.

command is working from browser, store is updated. problem is that cron does not start, all of them stopped working at same date, sept 29 or 30. before that date all were working just fine.
Is somewhere depending on ssl / certs ?
While after that date some Letsencrypt older versions ( OS and or openssl) Servers clients and apps could have problems if so.

FORUM and Web search with duckduckgo ;)

try running command that provide to cron jobs with ssh cmdline
if working, cron jobs should working too

Back