Crontab MAILTO

scsi

Verified User
Is there a way we can add a feature so that we can add and edit the MAILTO feature of cronjobs via DA.

It would be nice so when cronjobs fail that the user will get the output to their email.

I would like to see a way to add/remove/edit an email for cronjobs.

Syntax:

[email protected]

Without the MAILTO being set the email ends up in the user's primary email box; the one set up with the account.

You can forward that email to anywhere you want, and unlike the situation with virtual mailboxes, for the primary email account when you do a forward the mail does NOT also go to the mailbox.

Jeff

Jeff

Well its an easy add. I think there should be an option to point it to any email address you want.

Without the MAILTO being set the email ends up in the user's primary email box; the one set up with the account.

But one might not want that behavior. In fact I would say that half of my users, whether its my fault or not, do not even realize that the username is also a mailbox. The only mailboxes they are aware of are the virtual mailboxes.

Even if they are aware of it and they forward the email to another address they still may not want the cron email mixed in with the rest of their email.

Back