CSF Doesn't auto install on Centos8

jamesf

Verified User
Hi,

I was just wondering why CSF doesn't auto install when we run the auto install of DirectAdmin on Centos 8?

When we run the auto install of DirectAdmin on a Centos7 server, CSF is auto installed?

no
It option of firewall by yourself.

Many hosting provider has own firewall. that why not autoinstall by default.

When you install DA on a fresh CENTOS7 server it auto installs CSF, when you do the same on a CENTOS8 server it doesn't?

When you install DA on a fresh CENTOS7 server it auto installs CSF, when you do the same on a CENTOS8 server it doesn't?

ok I just see install guide has csf by default because long ago It not by default

and they have a guide about install by manual
Can you try it ? Im afraid about bug in centos 8

Did you have any errors on the installation time? It's only installed in the "auto" mode.

Yeah, I was using the auto mode.... :) is there a way to see any errors after the setup?

Yeah, I was using the auto mode.... :) is there a way to see any errors after the setup?
Everything was saved in your terminal window, unless you 'redirected' the output to the file. It's first report on it, I haven't noticed any issues with CSF installation on the installation time, but if it's missing, it might be some missing pre-requisites of CSF..

I try in lan vps with
Centos 8 minimal
virtualbox - bridge network
it's normally have csf firewall install and run succes

before install have you try
yum update -y && yum upgrade -y
?

sorry, i closed the window..... its and OVH VPS, i think it has something to do with iptables, but i'll try a fresh install and see what happens. It works fine with centos7. so something defiantly missing some where.

I tried a manual install and got this error:

./csf-bfm-install.sh
[NOTICE] CSF/LFD was not found on your server! Going to install it...
open3: exec of /sbin/iptables -I OUTPUT -p tcp --dport 9999 -j ACCEPT failed: No such file or directory at ./csftest.pl line 144.

[WARNING] There are some possible issues with CSF/LFD on your server:
Check it now:
Testing ip_tables/iptable_filter...open3: exec of /sbin/iptables -I OUTPUT -p tcp --dport 9999 -j ACCEPT failed: No such file or directory at ./csftest.pl line 144.

What is port 9999 even used for?
Maybe you have to stop the Centos firewall first?
service firewalld stop
systemctl disable firewalld

I recently installed da on a centos 8 kvm with the auto option that would have installed csf/lfd, but did not. In my case it turned out that iptables was not present. After installing iptables csf/lfd installed perfectly.

Perhaps this is a failure in the DA csf/lfd script. If I remember correctly, when using the install script from configserver csf/lfd it removes firewalld and installs iptables. Although this step could have been skipped because in the centos 8 template firewalld was all ready removed.

Back