CSF firewall page issue in DA

xerox

Verified User
I encounter this issue for quite some time now, when re-accessing the CSF page in directadmin interface.

After i save csf configuration and then switch the page and come back to CSF, only the page title in the CSF interface will load up. And if i restart direcadmin service then the CSF page will load up again, but only for once again, if i save and come back then the page is blank with title.
Is this some kind of caching/rendering issue in DA? P.S: I already tried to update with pre release binaries yesterday.

csf.png

Thanks

Last edited:

zEitEr

Super Moderator
If you run the command as root:

Code:
/usr/local/directadmin/plugins/csf/scripts/install.sh
will it fix the issue?

p.s. or reinstall the CSF plugin in directadmin at admin level.

Richard G

Verified User
Do you have protected the perl binary in any way?
I remember having white page issues when perl was protected in the past. Probably isn't the case here, just asking to be sure.

xerox

Verified User
I am having page loading issue on the CSF firewall page only, just as you see on the screenshot. I can't tell what do you mean exactly. Thanks for trying to help :)

Richard G

Verified User
I can't tell what do you mean exactly.
Fair enough. I will try to explain. Have a look at this:
At point 14 you see things like:
Code:
chgrp apache /usr/bin/perl /usr/bin/wget etc.
and
Code:
chmod 705 /usr/bin/perl /usr/bi etc.
In the past I also had issues with white pages on certain addons (CSF at least) when protecting perl that way.
Setting it back to the default group and chmod, the white page was gone.
So if you also did this, it could be the reason of the white page issue you're having.

xerox

Verified User
Hi,

I haven't touched this. I checked and everything seems default, all permissions are set for root @ 755:
Code:
[root@host ~]# ls -ld /usr/bin/perl
-rwxr-xr-x 2 root root 11488 Jan 22  2019 /usr/bin/perl
Checked every folder.

Thanks

Richard G

Verified User
That looks correct.
Since it's an addon created by CSF, if nobody else can help you, you might ask over at the CSF forum.
The only thing I can think of is maybe something is blocked by the "disable_fucntions" command in the php.ini.

xerox

Verified User
It's interesting because noone else hasn't reported this. I'll wait for the latest DA release and take action after update.
Thanks for your help :)

Richard G

Verified User
Just out of curiousity, did you also try this with another browser to be sure it's no browser issue?