CSF link missing on direct admin panel

nkyee

today i start my direct admin, i found my csf link missing. i try reinstall csf and still same missing. how? please help

Hello,

The simplest would be to:

1. uninstall CSF/LFD (from inside /etc/csf/)
2. install CSF/LFD again.

If you don't want to re-install CSF/LFD then you need to go to /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/ and make sure that /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/csf/ exists. Then check /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/csf/plugin.conf to make sure that you have there:

active=yes
installed=yes

After it make sure you have not empty files:

/usr/local/directadmin/plugins/csf/hooks/admin_img.html
/usr/local/directadmin/plugins/csf/hooks/admin_txt.html

still missing link

Hello,

I'm still experiencing this on a box.
Centos 7.3
DirectAdmin 1.51.3
csf v10.0
Custombuild and yum updates all to latest versions

Tried uninstalling and re-installing csf/lfd as mentioned.
All csf files seem in order, also verified permissions on files with a server that does show the link in the admin panel.
Plugin Manager shows the Configserver Firewall as well, installed and active.
from ssh csf is running

It's on old thread but I am facing the same problem on an old server running CentOS 6 (yes, I should upgrade).
I have checked all solutions mentioned above. CSF is installed, plugin.conf contains all the info, the plugin manager says all is ok, but still no link in the admin menu. When change the URL to https://<myserver>:2222/CMD_PLUGINS_ADMIN/csf/index.html I get the following error:
Unable to execute your request​
Details
A valid file was not found
Check done running as admin​
I checked the files in the plugin directory and they are all there.
What am I missing here?

In the meantime I have installed CSF on another server with a CentOS 7 OS and again the link in the admin menu is missing. Is there some sort of bug with the CSF script on: https://help.poralix.com/articles/how-to-block-ips-with-csf-directadmin-bfm

What skin do you use? Is it a native enhanced skin? Or is it a 3rd party's? Could you please share your admin dashboard screenshot with us?

And what do you see if you manually type the address http://IP:2222/CMD_PLUGINS_ADMIN/csf/index.raw (replace IP with your domain or real IP address)?

zEitEr: This is your script isn't it? I have used it many times without any problems but most of the times it was on a new server. These 2 servers are existing servers. Do they need a reboot before they show the menu link? DirectAdmin has been restarted but that didn't fix it.

Last edited:
The last version ago DA changed the integration. I dont think Alex's script works correctly with DA.

DirectAdmin integrated with CSF directly in Version 1.61.0 (prior versions utilized hook scripts for the integration). Make sure you are using this version before proceeding with these instructions, otherwise, you'll need to either upgrade or use a deprecated method of CSF-BFM integration.

/usr/local/directadmin/directadmin v

1. If using DirectAdmin Version 1.61.0, make sure that the following hook scripts and files are removed and/or do not exist on your system:

/usr/local/directadmin/scripts/custom/block_ip.sh
/usr/local/directadmin/scripts/custom/brute_force_notice_ip.sh
/usr/local/directadmin/scripts/custom/show_blocked_ips.sh
/usr/local/directadmin/scripts/custom/unblock_ip.sh
/root/blocked_ips.txt
/root/exempt_ips.txt

Note: Though the DA csf_install.sh script may install these files (these files will likely be removed from the script after further testing and allowing sufficient time for users to update their DA versions), these files are not needed with DA version 1.61.0.

I read the knowledge base and I am running DirectAdmin v1.61.5 but I still have no idea how to get the menu item for CSF back into the controlpanel.

I tried to run the CSF install script, even though I already have installed CSF. I removed the custom scripts as told in the article.
The installation of the script told me that there was a menu item in the admin panel, but still nothing.

Now what?

Code:
cd /usr/local/directadmin/plugins
Code:
ls

What do you see here? is there a csf directory?
if yes
run
Code:
/usr/local/directadmin/plugins/csf/scripts/uninstall.sh

once it uninstalls. Delete the csf directory,
Code:
rm -Rf /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/csf

The run the install again from the KB article.

If that fixes it you are done.

If not you might reset the theme.

Do you have any customization in the Evo theme? I would try to reset the theme.
1613576855626.png

choose skin options

then choose reset all
1613577364610.png

Then go see it that fixes it.

Code:
cd /usr/local/directadmin/plugins
Code:
ls

What do you see here? is there a csf directory?
Yes

if yes
run
Code:
/usr/local/directadmin/plugins/csf/scripts/uninstall.sh
It does not uninstall. The script is practically empty. It only echo's:
This plugin is uninstalled by uninstalling csf from the root shell
I also tried deactivating the plugin from within the DA controlpanel. That gives me the following error:
Unable to read /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/csf/plugin.conf : Unable to open /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/csf/plugin.conf for reading.
Permission denied
Then I tried uninstalling the plugin from within the DA controlpanel. That gives me the same error as from shell but with a little extra messages:
uninstall.sh has been run:

This plugin is uninstalled by uninstalling csf from the root shell

Unable to write plugin data for csf

Is my installation so messed up that I cannot uninstall the plugin?

I downloaded the uninstall script manually from configserver.com and that seems to uninstall everything just fine. The csf folder is gone and the plugin is no longer showing in the DirectAdmin Plugin Manager.

I then installed CSF as shown in the KB article. The installation went fine but the link is still not showing.

I am using the Enhanced skin and I have no customization in the theme.

I tried viewing the plugin manually but that gives me the same error as before.

Yes

It does not uninstall. The script is practically empty. It only echo's:

I also tried deactivating the plugin from within the DA controlpanel. That gives me the following error:

Then I tried uninstalling the plugin from within the DA controlpanel. That gives me the same error as from shell but with a little extra messages:

Is my installation so messed up that I cannot uninstall the plugin?

What skin do you use? Is it a native enhanced skin? Or is it a 3rd party's? Could you please share your admin dashboard screenshot with us?

And what do you see if you manually type the address http://IP:2222/CMD_PLUGINS_ADMIN/csf/index.raw (replace IP with your domain or real IP address)?

Like I said, Enhanced skin. Here's the screenshot.

chrome_2021-02-18_09-01-34.png

The manual address I tried before and posted the messages. But here's a screenshot as well.

2021-02-18_09-01-59.png

I had the same prob with Sitepad - not there on Enhanced theme, but there ok on Evolution theme.

if you switch to evolution do you see it?
No, still don't see it. I am not familiar with the theme but I checked all admin menu's and I don't see CSF anywhere. Also checked the normal Bruteforce Monitor to see if it was included in there, but no.

Back