CustomBuild 2.0 rev. 2369 with steroids

smtalk

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,

CB 2.0 rev. 2369 has been released. It's a huge release for developers :) As it now lets you overwrite any call, execute pre/post hooks etc. For example, you could now:
1) create "./build varnish" or just overwrite regular "./build apache" call with whatever you want by using pre-call hook and 'exiting' at the end
2) execute anything before/after CustomBuild command, for example, after update_versions you could mail yourself/server-owner a message that updates have been applied

All CustomBuild variables are reachable in 'hooks', structure is /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/custom/hooks/command/pre/anything.sh (pre could be post as well), for example, you could try custom/hooks/versions/pre/test.sh with the following content:
Code:
#!/bin/sh
echo "Oh yeah! My PHP version is ${PHP1_RELEASE_OPT}, and I'm just exiting with a strange error code instead of listing the version updates...."
exit 4
If you'd like to just finish the function, "return" instead of "exit" could be used.

For per-function hooks - if any are needed, just create a ticket/mail us, and they'll be added :)

In addition to this, CB 2.0 rev. 2369 includes update_versions_full, update_full and update_versions full calls, they all do the same:
1) Update OS packages
2) Update CustomBuild and CustomBuild packages

Everything with just a single call.

wattie

Verified User
All that I can say is simply... AWESOME JOB! Thank you! Now it's a peace of cake to apply custom patches when needed.

Regarding "update_full" - we may need some additional info regarding what exactly it does. For example in FreeBSD - is it calling freebsd-update and/or updating all ports?

smtalk

Administrator
Staff member
All that I can say is simply... AWESOME JOB! Thank you! Now it's a peace of cake to apply custom patches when needed.

Regarding "update_full" - we may need some additional info regarding what exactly it does. For example in FreeBSD - is it calling freebsd-update and/or updating all ports?
“pkg -y upgrade” for now.

duntuk

Verified User
I think we need some useful examples utilizing this new feature. Like a HOW-TO with practical examples.

asumos

i've renamed my default username, when trying to update custombuild i get

chown: invalid group: 'root:admin'

smtalk

Administrator
Staff member
i've renamed my default username, when trying to update custombuild i get

chown: invalid group: 'root:admin'
It's not related to the version announced. It can be ignored, unless you have any particular problem with it?

Erulezz

Verified User
Can I also add a post hook for the cronjob? In addition to the email that's being send when there is a update available, I would like to call a simple command:

Code:
/root/pushover-notification/notification.sh "title" "updates that are available"
So that I can also receive Pushover notifications when there are updates available.

smtalk

Administrator
Staff member
Can I also add a post hook for the cronjob? In addition to the email that's being send when there is a update available, I would like to call a simple command:

Code:
/root/pushover-notification/notification.sh "title" "updates that are available"
So that I can also receive Pushover notifications when there are updates available.
Check CB 2.0 rev. 2048:
Added custom/hooks/cron_execute/pre and custom/hooks/cron_execute/post hooks for pre/post execution of the CustomBuild cronjob. "./build cron" is needed to re-generate the cronjob which uses the hooks.