CVS--Concurrent Versions System

CVS is designed for manually checking different versions files in and out of a repository.

So I'm not sure what you'd use it for with DA.

Jeff

The CVS server allow to multiple users work online with the same file without an overwrite.
With DA maybe could be a way to sell hosting plans with that function.

I know what CVS is... I've used it since the 80s.

I stand by my statement. To use it you check the file you want to work on out of a repository. When you're finished with it you check it back in.

With most versions of CVS while you've got the file checked out for writing no one else can check it out for writing.

With versions that allow multiple writing checkouts when you go to check it in, your checkin is compared to the most recent checkin, and if there are any incompatibilities it simply doesn't let you check it back in until you've resolved those incompatibilities.

So just how would you use it on a hosting platform?

But to answer your first question, DA is a compiled program written in C++ with almost no dependencies. If you can get it to work for you, DA won't care as long as you don't use it to manage any of the files DA requires.

Jeff

With the latest version of DA you could probably even write a plugin to maintain cvs access. But you would have to write it, or hire someone to do it for you.

Back