DA Account without ftp

YouCMe

Verified User
I was wondering if its possible to make a account for a customer without FTP access.
Normaly DA generates one ftp account for each user you create.

Why does DA make one ftp for every new account even if you set the max ftp's to zero in your package?
It's the same story for email, there's one standart mail address.

Its kinda hard for my customers to accept that when their hosting account has a maximum of 5 pop3 accounts they can only make 4 accounts because there's always one default account.

But my main question is how to config a account so it hasn't any ftp access.
Or how to make DA create new accounts without ftp access as default, so it will have ftp access when i give the account a package wich may have ftp accounts.

Greetings,
Me

LOL i want it to... when i have customers with only domain-redirect they have always ftp access.. it will be nice if it is possible to make domain-redirect accounts without ftp...

Ok i have updated it and it works fine!
But when the user log in the control panel he can upload files with filemanager is there an option to disable the filemanager or no write permissions in the filemanager?

Hello,

There isn't currently a way to disable it. Somewhere down the line we'll be adding an on/off option for all features which would be in the packages. If you don't need any access at all to the /home/username, you could always just chmod it to 0 or something like that, which would disable them from doing anything with files in their home directory.

John

I already tried it but /home/username/domains/domain.com/public_html/.htaccess (where the redirect is) must be readable in the browser...

Back