DA-login for Subdomainaccount

johannes

Verified User
Hi,
how is it possible to create an own DA-login for the subdomain from an existing domain, which belongs to another user.
example:
user A have domainA, here lets make a subdomain sub.domainA
--> now lets give another new user B an own DA-account for subdomainA - how to?
Thank you

I disagree, i saw this already working, but my ex-admin didnt told me how he have done it.

DirectAdmin manages each domain separately, but when you set up a subdomain under direct admin, it's merely a new URL which points directly to a subdirectory of public_html, and a new DNS zone as well.

But you can always create a new domain and give it the subdomain name. For example if user1 owns example.com, then you can create user2 with sub.example.com. Then it'll be a completely separate domain as far as DirectAdmin is concerned, with it's own login.

Note to do this you'll need to back up any content in the current subdomain first, and remove it from the current domain's list of subdomains, before you can add it as it's own domain.

One other thing to consider: if the subdomain is only for http, and not for mail or anything else, and the user doesn't need a control panel, you can just create an ftp account with access only to the subdomain under public_html.

Jeff

Back